• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Looks like it's time to dust off my copy and dive back in. :headbang:

Now that is some great news!

Any idea what 50% off would equal to? I need to add some funds to my PSN wallet as I'd never load a CC there.

Based on how much they are on Xbox live, at 50% off we're looking at $22.50 for all three. But I read elsewhere that the 50% off promo is for the first week only of each release, so keep your eyes peeled. As of right now, all three are expected sometime in February.

Help a newb whats a DLC?

Downloadable Content.

Says me who has never accessed any 'downloadable content' in his life because I haven't been in the scene since the PS2. I understand the kids these days have their consoles plugged into the net :preach:

PM please if you are selling.

is that the UK version Ni no Kuni?

Yep, and it is with considerable regret that I have it listed on ebay since before it arrived. I was hoping to get two copies, but the store decided 'one per customer' and cancelled my extra.

I don't have a PS3, but I fully expect I will buy one and another (regular, not wizard, I guess) copy of the game sometime soon! A Ghibli JRPG is too good a combo to miss, and warrants coming out of my videogame retirement.

Help a newb whats a DLC?

Downloadable Content.

Says me who has never accessed any 'downloadable content' in his life because I haven't been in the scene since the PS2. I understand the kids these days have their consoles plugged into the net :preach:

Get with the times you old fart :preach:lol

:kidaround:

Can't wait for Aliens Colonial Marines, been waiting too long and now just a week away

Bah, just like every other Aliens-based game I'll pick that up from the $9.99 bin real soon.

(tsk)

And I am excited for Aliens:Colonial Marines.

I'm a fan of the franchise,I hope the game is good as it looks :wishluck:

Can't wait for Aliens Colonial Marines, been waiting too long and now just a week away

Bah, just like every other Aliens-based game I'll pick that up from the $9.99 bin real soon.

(tsk)

I'm just a fan os saving money and no way this holds any kind of retail value. Any kid these days hears "Aliens" and they think of that terrible AvP movie before going back to CoD.

(tsk)

I'm just a fan os saving money and no way this holds any kind of retail value. Any kid these days hears "Aliens" and they think of that terrible AvP movie before going back to CoD.

Ok :)

We're right at the end of this console generation, so most games will drop in price quickly after release at this point.

Yep, and it is with considerable regret that I have it listed on ebay since before it arrived. I was hoping to get two copies, but the store decided 'one per customer' and cancelled my extra.

doh!

(tsk)

:facepalm:

:preach:

"I'm not angry, i'm disappointed in you son"

karma....

:whistle:

I don't have a PS3,

:facepalm::facepalm:

:baiting:

You can get it on the PSN store a few bucks cheaper i think...

Anyway, i'm 12 hours in now and have only scratched the surface i think :o

Finding a few things i don't like but overall this is probably one of my favorite games ever. (top 5)

But it SUCKS playing on 27"...My 60" got picked up for repair the other day :pullhair:

doh!

(tsk)

:facepalm:

:preach:

"I'm not angry, i'm disappointed in you son"

karma....

:whistle:

I don't have a PS3,

:facepalm::facepalm:

:baiting:

You can get it on the PSN store a few bucks cheaper i think...

Anyway, i'm 12 hours in now and have only scratched the surface i think :o

Finding a few things i don't like but overall this is probably one of my favorite games ever. (top 5)

But it SUCKS playing on 27"...My 60" got picked up for repair the other day :pullhair:

Sorry, can't pass up a quick buck with my financial state! lol I'm moving house this weekend, but once settled I'm thinking it's very likely I shall treat myself and my son to a PS3 and a copy of the game.

Sorry, can't pass up a quick buck with my financial state! lol I'm moving house this weekend, but once settled I'm thinking it's very likely I shall treat myself and my son to a PS3 and a copy of the game.

Oh ok, have fun moving :P

How old is the kid ? I almost cried at one point, may not want to traumatize him :blush:

It really is like running around in a Ghibli movie, can't wait to get my tv back....

Oh ok, have fun moving :P

How old is the kid ? I almost cried at one point, may not want to traumatize him :blush:

It really is like running around in a Ghibli movie, can't wait to get my tv back....

Kids are 10 and 5, and I raised them on Ghibli. They're sure to respond to it. The only problem will be getting sufficient time on there (the wife doesn't let us sit and stare at screens for hours, it's outrageous).