• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

We're right at the end of this console generation, so most games will drop in price quickly after release at this point.
I hope the PS4 doesn't have a $600 price tag on launch day :ohnoez:

Word is, it'll be $399.

I guess I'll pick it up in five years when its 199 and I'm done with my ps3 :insane:

With three consoles and two handhelds every generation, I don't know how anyone can possibly keep up with it all.

I have several years worth of games to get through for both the PS3 and Xbox360 so I will be in the same boat. Then again I have a ten year old son, so I may not make it that long. :facepalm:

Everyone says this in the final year of a console, myself included. Once E3 hits and the media hype starts building, this reasonable thinking turns into DO WANT.

:ohnoez:

Being that I am as big a goofball for this stuff as my son, you are probably right.

I still have my original Xbox, two PS ones and a Nintendo 64 sitting around. I think I finished all the games I wanted too on there. lol

If the rumors are true and both the new Xbox and Playstation debut at $399, it'll be really hard for me to resist, especially since at that price point, a drop won't come for at least 2 years after launch.

Unfortunately for me and my wallet, gaming is most fun to me when I'm jumping on the newest stuff, whether it's games at a full $60 on launch day, or consoles at launch. Luckily I no longer collect children's literature entombed in expensive plastic.

I totally get having it when it is new. That has been tempered a bit with age but I see it with my son and we both get giddy with the new games now.

Other than the PS3, all the consoles I have bought have been on launch day. There is that extra excitement that comes with buying the stuff as it comes out.

I only collect children's literature that isn't entombed. keep it on the down low though.

I only collect children's literature that isn't entombed. keep it on the down low though.

Mods notified.

Mods notified.

You are the human version of the RROD. Total buzzkill. :ohnoez:

I know it's not a console game but I am still addicted to Medal of Honour Allied Assault on the PC. This game came out in 2000 and with the Breakthrough expansion it still kicks bum. I play on the LSE servers every other night and so do boatloads of others still. I wonder if any other game still has that kind of following after so long. I'd love to know if anyone else plays this still...

I have a PS3 and all the games to boot but still always go back to the PC when I want to immerse myself for a few hours. Storming Omaha is still my favourite...

We're right at the end of this console generation, so most games will drop in price quickly after release at this point.
I hope the PS4 doesn't have a $600 price tag on launch day :ohnoez:

Word is, it'll be $399.

I guess I'll pick it up in five years when its 199 and I'm done with my ps3 :insane:

With three consoles and two handhelds every generation, I don't know how anyone can possibly keep up with it all.

I have several years worth of games to get through for both the PS3 and Xbox360 so I will be in the same boat. Then again I have a ten year old son, so I may not make it that long. :facepalm:

Everyone says this in the final year of a console, myself included. Once E3 hits and the media hype starts building, this reasonable thinking turns into DO WANT.

:ohnoez:

Being that I am as big a goofball for this stuff as my son, you are probably right.

I still have my original Xbox, two PS ones and a Nintendo 64 sitting around. I think I finished all the games I wanted too on there. lol

If the rumors are true and both the new Xbox and Playstation debut at $399, it'll be really hard for me to resist, especially since at that price point, a drop won't come for at least 2 years after launch.

Unfortunately for me and my wallet, gaming is most fun to me when I'm jumping on the newest stuff, whether it's games at a full $60 on launch day, or consoles at launch. Luckily I no longer collect children's literature entombed in expensive plastic.

hm

No, but the first solid was one of the best videogames ever :cloud9: What a classic. Didn't enjoy 2 nearly as much. Haven't tried the entries after that.

All 4 games are :cloud9:

If I were to recommend one to you, I'd say play 3 because it's a prequel to the first game and it's insanely awesome.

Is there any interest in gaming mags from the mid-90s? EGM and other non Nintendo Power mags? I don't think there's any value, but if people collect them then let me know. I bought a collection to get the NP and am not keeping the rest. Probably not even worth shipping for the most part... :\

No, but the first solid was one of the best videogames ever :cloud9: What a classic. Didn't enjoy 2 nearly as much. Haven't tried the entries after that.

If I were to recommend one to you, I'd say play 3 because it's a prequel to the first game and it's insanely awesome.

hmmmm thx. I think I will :)

Is there any interest in gaming mags from the mid-90s? EGM and other non Nintendo Power mags? I don't think there's any value, but if people collect them then let me know. I bought a collection to get the NP and am not keeping the rest. Probably not even worth shipping for the most part... :\

pretty limited market if youre talking mid 90s. There are a few mags that might generate some interest but most of them won't.

Plus it has the most awesome theme song to a game ever. The lyrics are nonsense, but that's part of its charm.

pretty limited market if youre talking mid 90s. There are a few mags that might generate some interest but most of them won't.

I know... Seems like a shame to toss them though.

Plus it has the most awesome theme song to a game ever. The lyrics are nonsense, but that's part of its charm.

Omfg. I cant believe I sat thru half of that. Painful!!! lol

Omfg. I cant believe I sat thru half of that. Painful!!! lol

If you play the game, you'll love it. First time I booted the game up, WTF was my reaction. Now it's tied to the memory of an awesome game (maybe the best in series). It's an acquired taste. Youtube comments and likes don't lie. lol

#2 is sucky. :P

When I play A MGS game I want to be snake not some effeminate pretty boy who can't tell what's real or a vr simulation. doh!

#2 is sucky. :P

When I play A MGS game I want to be snake not some effeminate pretty boy who can't tell what's real or a vr simulation. doh!

And do naked cartwheels :eek: