• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Today was a good day for my game room. I got the NES, SNES, N64 and GameCube hooked up to an RCA switch.

On the flip side... I am so rusty and am sucking hard on the retro games.

Mastering those patterns is best served for the young who are eager to play the same sequence or level over and over and over and over again. The games I played more when I was a kid I do ok at, but if I'm less familiar with one... watch out!

Yeah you get this idea they should easy but they arent!

Most older games are brutally hard. They had to be, otherwise you were paying $60-$90 for a cartridge you could finish in 40 minutes or less, in most cases.

Anyone grab Dead Space 3? I played 2 and was kind of turned off by the direction it was taking, more of a shooter than survival horror and I wondering if anyone could share their impressions before I plop down my $59.99.

I picked it up this morning. I'm anxious to get home and play. I'll post my thoughts later if you want.

To be fair though, I think Dead Space was always a shooter with horror elements, not a horror game with shooting elements. As long as 3 retains the atmosphere and difficulty of the first 2 games, I'll be satisfied.

Loved the first two games. I saw there was a demo for 3....but did not get around to trying it.

I'm on chapter 5. And it's the same as two which in a way was the same as the first. I loved the second one personally. The game is tough the first round through. Guns are weak and its very slow on finding supplies. I'm at a part were ur stuck in a room fighting 2 of those uber morphs ( regenerating ones). Talk about intense. I like it I'm still in the beginning so I need more time to make a better decision, but if you liked the first two you will like this. More of a "go do this Isaac" and "go do that". Like side missions. Def not as linear as the second one. There's lots of different ways you can go

Agreed. I'm enjoying it. Chapter 1 really had me worried, but after that it's pretty much the same old Dead Space with more content, which is a good thing.

In the window of a game shop today, I saw a poster ad for GTA 5 for the first time, which depicts a gangsta holding a baseball bat, with a hard-as-nails dog on a chain leash in front of him. A commendable and brave change of direction from Rockstar, then.

Looking forward to it. (thumbs u

2/11 pawn stars will have Pat the NES Punk as guest, so there is bound to be a retrogame segment to it. I think it's great that he is going to be promoting the hobby on a very popular show even if I'm not a fan of his comedy. should be cool to watch!

Have any of you guys tried Demon's souls or Dark Soul's?

If you're interested there's a pretty sweet trailer for Dark soul's II

Dark soul's II trailer

I'm a fan of both games, but they are maddeningly difficult, especially Demon's Souls. I'm dozens of hours into each, but haven't been able to finish either yet. One day.

I'm not sure, but I'd bet Dark Souls II will be on the next Xbox/Playstation.

In the window of a game shop today, I saw a poster ad for GTA 5 for the first time, which depicts a gangsta holding a baseball bat, with a hard-as-nails dog on a chain leash in front of him. A commendable and brave change of direction from Rockstar, then.

Looking forward to it. (thumbs u

I really like those posters. Get them here for your desktop

http://www.rockstargames.com/downloads#/?collection=3&series=5481

Sept is so far away :cry:

Cross-posting from the garage sale thread for obvious reasons:

Picked these up Saturday:

IMG_9779_zps4bf71d3e.jpg

3 great Xbox titles, and a nice top-loader. Good score.

Cross-posting from the garage sale thread for obvious reasons:

Picked these up Saturday:

IMG_9779_zps4bf71d3e.jpg

3 great Xbox titles, and a nice top-loader. Good score.

The loose cartridge in the top loader is worth fifty bucks too!

(bomberman 2, late release hudson game)

What would you say a top loader is worth? $75 or so?

Also, forgot to mention but I agree with you on Pat the NES punk; I tried watching some of his youtube videos, but I couldn't get through a single one. Seems like a nice guy though.

A head's up for those of you who are interested in the Skyrim DLC on the PS3:

Dragonborn - Feb 12

Hearthfire - Feb 19

Dawnguard - Feb 26

For the first week of each release, they will be 50% off. If you get all three, you're looking at $22.50 total instead of $45. It's a great deal, so don't sleep.

Have any of you guys tried Demon's souls or Dark Soul's?

If you're interested there's a pretty sweet trailer for Dark soul's II

Dark soul's II trailer

I'm a fan of both games, but they are maddeningly difficult, especially Demon's Souls. I'm dozens of hours into each, but haven't been able to finish either yet. One day.

I'm not sure, but I'd bet Dark Souls II will be on the next Xbox/Playstation.

I've got the Platinum for both :cool:

If you have any questions shoot me a PM

What would you say a top loader is worth? $75 or so?

Also, forgot to mention but I agree with you on Pat the NES punk; I tried watching some of his youtube videos, but I couldn't get through a single one. Seems like a nice guy though.

I can't even crack a smile watching anything he's put out. I find it painful. But like you said, nice guy, glad he got on the show, hope he does well. Just don't personally click with his humour.