• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

I had an original X-Box and the 60 GB 360...Never had the dreaded RROD :wishluck: .

I have really enjoyed my X-Box but after reading all the mess that M$ is doing and things they are not doing...I think, unless something changes, I will definitely be jumping ship to the PS4. Seems like a good time to try a 'new' product.

The only thing that make me a bit leary is the PSN...Is it still free? How is the content? Any comments on the PSN would be welcome.

As an owner of both platforms let me simply say I've not picked up my X-box controller in years. I went so far as to take the batteries out and use them for my TV remote. IMO PS is faster, load times are not as long, my PS3 doesn't sound like a jet taking off, PS network is free (PSN+ does have a yearly fee but that more than pays for itself with exclusives and discounted games), you can download PS 1 classic games to the hard drive (I needed to play FF tactics for another 80 hours).

I am reserving judgment, much like I do every time a new gen console comes out. I haven't owned a PS yet. Each time I waited and it made more sense to get an Xbox based on what I wanted it to do. Also, I generally dislike the PS controllers.

I think MS is going to have to back off some of the things immensely negative reactions (kinnect always on, limits on used game sales, forced internet connection, etc.) before I consider them this time around. I'm pretty happy with my 360 currently, so I'm not driven to upgrade anyway.

983961_636708133025854_1856315359_n.jpg

I've been reading about the PS4 and XBOX One...

I use to work in retail (5 years Walmart : early release : time served) and everytime a new system came out it was a BIG deal.

I can't believe XBOX is making it impossible to play used games AND that you MUST be online in order to play it AND it's more expensive than PS4.

One comment to XBOX about this.... doh!

I currently own a PS3 (which most of my games are for) and an Xbox 360. Will probably go with just the PS4 for the next generation.

And just a heads up for any Xbox 360 owners out there:

Fables 3 is currently available in the Xbox store as a free download (the complete game...not just a demo).

Yes.

You'll also need to have an Xbox 360....an internet connection....a controller to play it with...some type of monitor so you can see it.........................oh, and electricity.

I bought both the PS3 and 360 when they each launched. I've been an early adopter for consoles since the PS2 and I never understood not owning the two leading consoles for a generation. Now I understand.

I was ready to buy both this holiday. Microsoft has made me not even remotely interested in their console, which is something I wouldn't have believed a year ago.

I throw money at this hobby with reckless abandon. Microsoft missed the mark HARD. I put my pre-order in for the PS4, and put the Xbone on ignore.

I'll probably wait until Sony & Microsoft each release a generation 3 model for PS4 and XBoxOne. Smart money says wait a year or two, especially with all these "next-gen" systems.

My G1 PS3 and XBox360 both *spooned* the bed before either turned 4 years old. Same with my PS2.

My G1 SNES from 1991....still going strong. OG generation FTW.

I have a launch PS3 that gets moderatly heavy use and its still kicking with zero issues. I think some consoles seem to fail due to environmental issues. My little brothers who live in a batchelor pad with mutiple pets and smoking go through consoles like crazy. Usually I can disassemble and clean whatever they say is broken and it magically works again.

Not the case with the 360 RROD that I got on my 360 elite a few months after I bought it :(