• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420118,00.asp

Microsoft Xbox One: No Internet? Big Problem

Since Microsoft's Xbox One announcement, hardcore gamers have been nervous about the system's limiting features thanks to Microsoft's mixed messages about how the console will function. Putting aside the mechanics of game trading and a Big Brother-esque Kinect sensor, Microsoft has confirmed one important detail about the Xbox One: It will have to connect to the Internet every 24 hours to play games...

What happens if they get hacked ala PS3 and servers go down for a month?

What happens if you lose your Internet connection for a few days?

Edited by Ares

Are any of you old-school/retro gamers familiar with an upcoming video game convention in PA called Too Many Games?

http://www.toomanygames.com/

I was thinking of taking my sons, and I wondered how it was, and if there's enough stuff for little kids to do.

I have been a dealer there a few times! What do you want to know?

FYI: I spotted the 'brand new' Star Trek game for xBox 360 at Target today for only $19.99?!

Was is that much of a bomb? Heck, even the Aliens: Colonial Marines game was 'on sale' for $33 and I know that was a real downer.

'Sup wit dat? :screwy:

Are any of you old-school/retro gamers familiar with an upcoming video game convention in PA called Too Many Games?

http://www.toomanygames.com/

I was thinking of taking my sons, and I wondered how it was, and if there's enough stuff for little kids to do.

I have been a dealer there a few times! What do you want to know?

PM sent!

Xbone is spiraling into the dirt with hardcore people online, but most of the people that are going to buy it dont even know it exists yet and wont until they see a commercial around thanksgiving. I expect Sony is going to be doing some advertising pointing out all the shortcomings kind of the way cell phones are advertised now.

Star Trek is terrible and Aliens has been as cheap as 9.99 online because it is really that bad.

Hey, guys How are the Mass Effect, Killzone, Splinter Cell, Resistance Fall of Man and F.E.A.R. Franchises? Are any worth spending my hard earned cash on?

I noticed almost All the titles I mentioned are in collected editions now so I thought before I buy into any of them, what my fellow boardies think of these games?

Hey, guys How are the Mass Effect, Killzone, Splinter Cell, Resistance Fall of Man and F.E.A.R. Franchises? Are any worth spending my hard earned cash on?

I noticed almost All the titles I mentioned are in collected editions now so I thought before I buy into any of them, what my fellow boardies think of these games?

[font:Book Antiqua]I am playing mass effect 2 and I love it...[/font]

(thumbs u

I've gotten Killzone 3 and Resistance 1-2 in packs with controllers (Streetfighter IV eats controllers for breakfast)

I had played Killzone 2 earlier and 3 was better but not top notch gaming.

Resistance 1 I loved, a really interesting take on health in a FPS, where you actually have a life bar, not just a red screen when you get hit. Great game.

Resistance 2 was Good, but not as good IMO. Red screen health and too much of a distant future feel, even though its based in the late 1940's. So it lost a lot of the charm of the first.

I played about 30 minutes of F.E.A.R 1, that was enough.

I've never played any of the games, but a friend got me interested in the upcoming Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection last night. Anyone support the recommendation? Also, another friend sent me the trailer for Beyond: Two Souls. Looking forward to it.

As for the new upcoming systems, neither the XBox ONE of the PS4 have impressed me so far. I own both an XBox360 and a PS3, and have been leaning more and more toward the PS3 as the main console lately, after having only had a 360 for a few years.