• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

I have a launch PS3 that gets moderatly heavy use and its still kicking with zero issues.

Same. They took a loss on every PS3 for years, especially those early ones with the PS2 hardware inside them, so I don't think they wanted a lot of returns. I think it's going to be the same thing with the PS4. I'm not a tech guy, but from what I understand the PS4 is a powerhouse which probably means it isn't cheap to make.

I pulled my headphones really fast and my PS3 fell five feet.

Only issue was the got scratched and had to be replaced. PS3 was fine.

Which sucks because I didn't have a warranty on the 50 Cent Blood on the Sand video game and I don't want to pay another $20 for it, even though its amazing.

But I did burn one PS3 by just streaming movies on it all the time so now the disc player won't read discs.

Also, is it true that the new xbox allows government to use the kinect all the time? Like it can never be turned off and they can see in your house or something? I heard that from some guy but I can't find a link.

Strange to have so much cursing in an E3 review but he does make a few good points.

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=e3_wrapup_2013

He mentioned this game in the review and I just preordered it. I NEVER thought there would be a general release of another Golden Axe style game! So cool!

Strange to have so much cursing in an E3 review but he does make a few good points.

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=e3_wrapup_2013

He mentioned this game in the review and I just preordered it. I NEVER thought there would be a general release of another Golden Axe style game! So cool!

Dragon's Crown seems to be the spiritual successor to a game called "Odin Sphere" which was released late in the PS2's life and went under the radar. it's available for download on PSN. It's worth playing just for the incredible graphical style. Here's a review:

If Dragon's Crown plays like Odin Sphere, it's actually much more than a beat-em-up; it'll have fairly robust RPG mechanics and very challenging combat for 30+ hours. I have it pre-ordered as well.

Bought Last of Us, cant wait to get it going

I've got some time off in a couple of weeks, so I'm saving it for then. Can't wait.

Played 4 hours of Last of Us, and at moment I can't see what is so special to warrant all the high marks, uncharted 2 and 3 so much better

Personally I thought it was the best opening to a video game ever!

Playing Bioshock: Infinite - not bad but not as good as previous Bioshock games to me. Not as creepy.

Between the XBOX ONE and PS4, I would pick PS4 based on what I have heard/read.

The first was just excellent and one of the games of the generation. Infinite gets better toward the end and in the end I felt just as fulfilled as when I played the first.

Playing Bioshock: Infinite - not bad but not as good as previous Bioshock games to me. Not as creepy.

Between the XBOX ONE and PS4, I would pick PS4 based on what I have heard/read.

The first was just excellent and one of the games of the generation. Infinite gets better toward the end and in the end I felt just as fulfilled as when I played the first.

I didn't realize it until after I bought it, but Bioshock one is on the Infinite disk as well :grin:

Played 4 hours of Last of Us, and at moment I can't see what is so special to warrant all the high marks, uncharted 2 and 3 so much better

Personally I thought it was the best opening to a video game ever!

You can't give 27 full marks because of a great opening, I'm hoping the game gets a lot better to warrant all this hype

Opinions on this:

http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/xbox-one-allows-you-to-share-games-with-ten-family-members-but-some-details

Xbox One allows you to share games with ten “family” members, but some details remain murky

I brought up the family sharing feature of the Xbox One during my recent conversation with Microsoft's Phil Spencer, and I stated that it's one of the nicer aspects of the console that not many people are talking about.

“You’re going to help us with that?” he asked. I'd love to, but trying to pin down exactly how the system will work has proved tricky.

Multiple people, but at the same time?

The idea is that ten people in your family group can all share your games. Think of it like a loaning system, but you're not loaning anyone a phyiscal product. If you're in my family group, you can play my games, and vice versa.

“I think the policy makes sense,” Spencer said. “It’s not ten different people all playing the game concurrently, but when you think about a real usage scenario, and we thought about it around a family, and I know certain people will create a family group of people that aren’t all part of the same family, and I do think that’s an advantage, and people will use that. I saw it on NeoGAF instantly, the Xbox Family creation threads, where people said 'Hey be a part of my family.'”

“No birth certificates will need to be sent in!” Spencer said when I asked if the service required a blood test. “I do think that’s an advantage of the ecosystem that we have.”

So that answers one question: Microsoft doesn't seem to care whether or not the ten people in the group are actually family members. They can be friends, roommates, boyfriends, girlfriends, your dog's groomer… you pick ten people, and you share games with them.

The question is how many people can play the game at the same time. Spencer told me he believed that two people can play one copy of a game concurrently, but he urged me to check Microsoft's official wording on the matter to be sure. This is what the licensing page states:

Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

So one family member can play a game at a time, but can I be playing the same game? If I buy one copy of a multiplayer title, can I play it in co-op with my son if I own two Xbox One systems?

“The only limitation, it seems, is that only one person can be playing the shared copy of a single game at any given time,” Ars Technica reported after speaking with Microsoft Xbox Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer Yusuf Mehdi. “All in all, this does sound like a pretty convenient feature that's more workable than simply passing discs around amongst friends who are actually in your area.”

Still, the ability to pool your games with up to ten “family members” is a geniune advantage of the Xbox One ecosystem. Even if only one person can be playing the game at a time, you gain access to every game the people on your family list own, allowing you to jump into new releases the second they get done with the game.

On the other hand, I'd hate to think that I need to call a friend or family member to tell them to stop playing a game I just bought so I can play my title. Many of these usage cases and limitations may not be explained clearly until the system is released and we can test these services for ourselves, but we'll keep digging to try to figure this one out.