• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

That's just spin. It's damage control. Oooh, I can share games I own with family and friends? Novel. The fact that they're marketing this as a "genuine advantage of the Xbox One" is hysterical.

There is, at this point in time, no reason for an informed consumer to buy the Xbox One at launch over the PS4. The PS4:

- has no DRM on used games

- doesn't require that a game be installed and verified online

- doesn't require peripheral motion controls or a camera to operate

-doesn't require an online connection to play single-player games

-is more powerful than the Xbox One (confirmed by third-party developers)

-is $100 cheaper at launch

I can share a PS4 game with as many people as I want who are not in my familly.

I wonder How Companies like EA will cope with the two systems having two different DRM methods

I wonder How Companies like EA will cope with the two systems having two different DRM methods

I think EA was the one behind trying to get them both to have DRM but when Sony said to no on adding any restrictions. They mostly got mad and gave MS dlc exclusive on games and a little more support.

I think EA was the one behind trying to get them both to have DRM but when Sony said to no on adding any restrictions. They mostly got mad and gave MS dlc exclusive on games and a little more support.
That would be my guess too.

so EA are jumping on Microsoft's sinking ship

EA has done some stupid stuff in the past.

EA has done some stupid stuff in the past.

that they have

That's just spin. It's damage control. Oooh, I can share games I own with family and friends? Novel. The fact that they're marketing this as a "genuine advantage of the Xbox One" is hysterical.

There is, at this point in time, no reason for an informed consumer to buy the Xbox One at launch over the PS4. The PS4:

What he said.

I agree fully. As previously stated, what happens in ten years when the Xbox One servers are shut down? This system is on a very slippery slope. I am now actually thankful for a decision made by Sony. As a Nintendo fan boy at heart, I do own all the next gen consoles, but I will NOT buy a(n) Xbox One based on principle alone. I don't care if I miss the next Halo, etc.

Nintendo; who everyone crucified over te Wii U and even he 3DS, still has the best ideology when it comes to making consoles and games. Sony is a close second even though they are an entertainment company first and a video game company second.

I agree fully. As previously stated, what happens in ten years when the Xbox One servers are shut down?

This has been answered.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125064-Xbox-One-Games-Will-Still-be-Playable-When-Servers-Shut-Down.

I agree fully. As previously stated, what happens in ten years when the Xbox One servers are shut down?

This has been answered.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125064-Xbox-One-Games-Will-Still-be-Playable-When-Servers-Shut-Down.

WTF was that guy wearing? I wanted to punch his face through the screen about four seconds into it.

Hard to take a billion dollar company's press releases seriously when one of their spokesmen is wearing a beaver pelt on his head.

This has been answered.

Which part has been answered? There are multiple statements made here.

Once again, as previously stated multiple times in this thread; the answer is not good enough for me. I will not be supporting the Xbox One. You are welcome to buy whatever you like. I thank you!

The DRM issue killed it for me. I never liked Microsoft to begin with; especially since I am a 'Mac' user. Never had a need. Good luck playing your Xbox Live Arcade games on the Xbox One. My Wii Virtual Console titles play just fine on my Wii U.

This has been answered.

Answered maybe, but not at all explained. How is it that a console that requires online verification every 24 hours for a game to work continues functioning after the servers doing the verification shut down?

This is the kind of thing they really need to explain, and clearly, if they want people to buy this thing come November. Pre-orders are already being taken (the PS4 is sold out where I ordered it) and this horrible mixed-messaging will be their undoing.

Currently, PS4 to Xbox One pre-orders are around 8:1 and both third-party and indie developers are flocking to Sony's console for a variety of reasons, including accessibility and the power of the hardware. If Sony has an 8:1 install-base advantage in addition to better third-party developer relationships, the Xbox One is done.

Hysterical? So you and 10 friends can share a library, wherever you are in the world? That is an amazing feature.

This has been answered.

Which part has been answered? There are multiple statements made here.

Once again, as previously stated multiple times in this thread; the answer is not good enough for me. I will not be supporting the Xbox One. You are welcome to buy whatever you like. I thank you!

The DRM issue killed it for me. I never liked Microsoft to begin with; especially since I am a 'Mac' user. Never had a need. Good luck playing your Xbox Live Arcade games on the Xbox One. My Wii Virtual Console titles play just fine on my Wii U.

The real problem is they're taking rights away from the consumer and imposing all kinds of restrictions on how their products can be used, without explaining what they will be providing in return for all of these restrictions. Having your Xbox be your cable box doesn't cut it.

It's entirely possible they have some insane proprietary tech that will launch in a couple of years that will take gaming to the next level. It may be that this seemingly restrictive system is laying down the groundwork for some really awesome stuff. If that's the case, they really, really need to explain that.

Hysterical? So you and 10 friends can share a library, wherever you are in the world? That is an amazing feature.

I can share my game library with whomever I want now. Maybe not online, or instantaneously, but I can do whatever I want with my games. I would agree that it's a great feature, but not at the expense of all of these restrictions I listed above.