• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

You still need a cable box...not that I have cable, but you are going into the Xbox One from your cable box...if they were smart it would be a dvr too.

Having both a 360 and a ps3, the ps3 is far superior for streaming and handling non-gaming content. Netflix is way better on ps3 by a pretty wide margin. The app on xbox has trouble handling my large queue.

I don't have a PS3, but my clan is multiplatform and the folks that have both say that Xbox Live is much more dependable than the Playstation Network. I see alot of guys who game on the PS3 watching Netflix and Hulu Plus on the Xbox. (shrug)

I'm going back to PS4 with the next gen though. Finally allowing party chat across multiple games was what sealed the deal for me.

I heard and I could be wrong in order to access Netflix and other non X-box Content you need to have a Xbox gold account on teh Xbox 1.

With PS4 you do not need to have any kind of membership

That is correct for Xbox. Think so on the PS4, but you will need PS Plus to play mutliplayer on the PS4.

On PS4 no Plus needed to access Netflix but yes on the Multiplayer.

Kida sucks you end up paying twice for Nextflix on Xbox

I don't see it as paying twice. I got a gold account as soon as halo2 came out. We got Netflix when I purchased a roku for our extra tv. The fact that I can access Netflix through the xbox is nice, but not its main function.

I'm sorry but if anyone is buying an xbox or ps to access Netflix, they are doing it wrong.

I'm sorry but if anyone is buying an xbox or ps to access Netflix, they are doing it wrong.

Not that I'm doubting you, but I don't have a roku, apple tv, app loaded tv or blu ray player. I am curious though - do they offer anything more than an xbox or playstation?

Not that I'm doubting you, but I don't have a roku, apple tv, app loaded tv or blu ray player. I am curious though - do they offer anything more than an xbox or playstation?

The roku is ease of use. My wife hobby is quilting. While she is making a new quilt she likes to have some background noise. I got her a tv and a roku for her quilting room. We then subscribed to Netflix and Amazon prime. Now she has a wide range of shows to watch. Last i checked she was going through the seasons of My Name is Earl and Quincy. It's easy to setup, easy to use and just works. If we hooked up the xbox to her tv she would be frustrated, to many screens. Dont get me wrong i use Netflix through the xbox, but it wouldn't be my first choice. Maybe the experience with the xbox one will be easier, but I don't see how you can improve on the roku. I recommend it for anyone who has Netflix.

As for channels there are to many for me to list, just go here:

http://www.roku.com/channels/#!browse/movies-and-tv/by-popular

So while the Netflix option on the xbox/ps is nice, I don't see this as being a factor in getting either system. To many easier ways of accessing the service.

For about two months I did not game. I guess I burnt out. I just did not feel like playing. Three days ago I bought Skyrim to see if I could get excited about gaming again. I can't stop playing it. lol Reminds me a lot of Fallout 3. :cloud9: Which was really fun to play and search around for stuff and missions. Great feeling seeing a dragon and feeling scared....and running for cover. lol Or trying to fight a boss and getting owned for like 20 times before figuring it out. So far GREAT game! (thumbs u

I do that regularly, except I play for two weeks or a month and then I don't play for 6 months or a year. Its fun but you need a break after a while and with a young kid at home I just don't get very little time when I really be alone.

I do the same. I play a lot for 2-3 weeks, then I stop for a month. Usually because I don't have the time, but even if I did, I would burn out playing every day.

I do the same. I play a lot for 2-3 weeks, then I stop for a month. Usually because I don't have the time, but even if I did, I would burn out playing every day.

Played pretty heavy almost everyday for about three years. :tonofbricks: Guess it caught up to me. (shrug)

For about two months I did not game. I guess I burnt out. I just did not feel like playing. Three days ago I bought Skyrim to see if I could get excited about gaming again. I can't stop playing it. lol Reminds me a lot of Fallout 3. :cloud9: Which was really fun to play and search around for stuff and missions. Great feeling seeing a dragon and feeling scared....and running for cover. lol Or trying to fight a boss and getting owned for like 20 times before figuring it out. So far GREAT game! (thumbs u

Bought Skyrim about 8 months ago and I still play it...highly addictive!

Any reviews on the Deadpool game yet?

IGN gave it a 6. Gameplay looks really lame. Looks like a bargain bin purchase.

I've been buying used games for cheap online. Got Resistance: Fall Of Man the other day. Seems a bit dated by now despite the perfect score reviews. On the way is Black Ops 2 and Killzone 3.

The next few months will be prime for getting cheap used games, as lots of people will be clearing stuff out in anticipation of the new consoles.

Yeah that was my plan. I popped in COD4 the other day and nobody was online playing so I figured I had better get some newer versions, but I hardly play games so spending $60 for the newest release doesn't ever seem worth it to me. I have GTA V preordered though.

GTA V will be an amazing end to an amazing generation of games.