• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Does anyone have the PS Vita?

And if so, what are your thoughts? Which games do you recommend? And lastly, how big a memory card of you recommend?

I am likely going to buy one but the memory card fiasco is quite annoying. Not sure why they just didn't have a built in 16 or 32 gigs at least but it is what it is. Is 16 enough? Or 32 more likely?

I also recommend to get the one year ps+ membership and you can also get some nice free games and discounts.

I was going to wait a year before buying the next gen system, but the wife sort of made the decision for me yesterday. She bought me an XBox One. I knew she'd be more interested in the XBox because of how it works more as a multimedia console.

She got me the Ryse game and Assassins Creed. I'm going to exchange the AC game as I didn't really enjoy 3. Ryse is pretty incredible graphically, but not all that fun.

However, I downloaded Max and my daughter and I are really enjoying it. One of the better Marketplace games, and it is family friendly. Graphics are pretty decent as well.

Hold on there...I hated 3 but love 4. 4 is a vast improvement; it isn't even close.

I liked 1 loved 2, brotherhood not so much and revelations made me not want to play another one of those games. :sick: I guess I am missing out? :popcorn:

I was going to wait a year before buying the next gen system, but the wife sort of made the decision for me yesterday. She bought me an XBox One. I knew she'd be more interested in the XBox because of how it works more as a multimedia console.

She got me the Ryse game and Assassins Creed. I'm going to exchange the AC game as I didn't really enjoy 3. Ryse is pretty incredible graphically, but not all that fun.

However, I downloaded Max and my daughter and I are really enjoying it. One of the better Marketplace games, and it is family friendly. Graphics are pretty decent as well.

Hold on there...I hated 3 but love 4. 4 is a vast improvement; it isn't even close.

I liked 1 loved 2, brotherhood not so much and revelations made me not want to play another one of those games. :sick: I guess I am missing out? :popcorn:

I also liked 2 the best. I'd say give 4 a chance, and skip the rest.

Maybe I will try 4. (thumbs u. Playing the newest Bioshock....not loving that either. Heard good things about it. Not sure what I am missing. The onslaught of things to pick up is getting crazy. :mad:

BTW ... picked up the NES USB Controller but cannot get it to work despite the fact that it says plug in and play on the box. Disappointed... wanted to play some punch out.

Check out coolrom.com, they have emulators as well I believe and a ton of games. Got a usb controller for the laptop that works for a few systems, haven't used it in a while. Was great for a while to get my nostalgia fix, Earthbound is one of my all time favorites. Bonus points for anyone that's played/heard of Earthbound

BTW ... picked up the NES USB Controller but cannot get it to work despite the fact that it says plug in and play on the box. Disappointed... wanted to play some punch out.

Powerpak @ retrousb.com is the best way to go as I will tell people every time Im asked and sometimes when Im not :)

I've been playing Deadpool lately (it was for sale on PSN)

The game is very fun,and the humor is pure Deadpool :roflmao:

The gun & camera controls are a bit wonky.

It's not a crappy game like some reviews make it out to be.

It's not '10' but it's not god awful either.

She got me the Ryse game and Assassins Creed. I'm going to exchange the AC game as I didn't really enjoy. Ryse is pretty incredible graphically, but not all that fun.

Maybe I will try 4. (thumbs u. Playing the newest Bioshock....not loving that either. Heard good things about it. Not sure what I am missing. The onslaught of things to pick up is getting crazy. :mad:

Well, as the year went on, people started to hate on the game. To be honest, the combat gets repetitive. The story hooked me and the art direction was absolutely beautiful. Whatever you do, at least try to finish the game. You need to see the ending

Edited by Lucid Enigma

She got me the Ryse game and Assassins Creed. I'm going to exchange the AC game as I didn't really enjoy. Ryse is pretty incredible graphically, but not all that fun.

Well, as the year went on, people started to hate on the game. To be honest, the combat gets repetitive. The story hooked me and the art direction was absolutely beautiful. Whatever you do, at least try to finish the game. You need to see the ending

And stick around for the after credits scene.

Check out coolrom.com, they have emulators as well I believe and a ton of games. Got a usb controller for the laptop that works for a few systems, haven't used it in a while. Was great for a while to get my nostalgia fix, Earthbound is one of my all time favorites. Bonus points for anyone that's played/heard of Earthbound

you can buy Earthbound on the WiiU online store now

epic game

1483415_436461193147229_1367198438_n.jpg

I was pretty happy with my Christmas Haul! Some great games for me to play!

That okami is still factory sealed and the PS2 controller came with a PS2 to USB cable so I can use it on my pc!

Now I just need the time to play all of this! :whistle:

I've been playing Deadpool lately (it was for sale on PSN)

The game is very fun,and the humor is pure Deadpool :roflmao:

The gun & camera controls are a bit wonky.

It's not a crappy game like some reviews make it out to be.

It's not '10' but it's not god awful either.

Sweeeet.... my sis gave me deadpool game & bf4 for xmas. So looking fwd to playing those soon but who knows since I'm backlogged on my library at the moment.

So I've been done with GTA for a few weeks and am getting tired of driving around doing nothing. What's a really good PS3 game?
Have you played any of the 'Dead Space' series of games? Great survival horror game.