• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

My wife gave me a PS Vita, Batman Blackgate Origins & Marvel Lego for Christmas. Blown away by what an awesome device this is... Can see it getting a ton more play than the consoles because I can play a few levels in bed before switching to iPad for comics!

Any other vita players on the boards?

So I've been done with GTA for a few weeks and am getting tired of driving around doing nothing. What's a really good PS3 game?
Have you played any of the 'Dead Space' series of games? Great survival horror game.
Nope but I saw the previews and it looks good. Also read the comic and liked it. Thanks for the suggestion (thumbs u

My wife gave me a PS Vita, Batman Blackgate Origins & Marvel Lego for Christmas. Blown away by what an awesome device this is... Can see it getting a ton more play than the consoles because I can play a few levels in bed before switching to iPad for comics!

Any other vita players on the boards?

I was just asking about it in this thread the other day.

I'm getting one soon.

Was wondering about what size of memory card to get. Since I will mostly be just using it for game saves, I'll probably get an 8 or 16 gb.

I figure I'll start with Uncharted and maybe Spiderman since the store has it for $10.

So any idea when PS4's are going to start shipping again?

I've been sitting on my hands but there just aren't ANY shipments anywhere.. Future Shop, Best Buy, EB games, the Sony Store, Costco, nobody here has been getting any since release date.

I was going to wait a year before buying the next gen system, but the wife sort of made the decision for me yesterday. She bought me an XBox One. I knew she'd be more interested in the XBox because of how it works more as a multimedia console.

She got me the Ryse game and Assassins Creed. I'm going to exchange the AC game as I didn't really enjoy 3. Ryse is pretty incredible graphically, but not all that fun.

However, I downloaded Max and my daughter and I are really enjoying it. One of the better Marketplace games, and it is family friendly. Graphics are pretty decent as well.

Hold on there...I hated 3 but love 4. 4 is a vast improvement; it isn't even close.

I liked 1 loved 2, brotherhood not so much and revelations made me not want to play another one of those games. :sick: I guess I am missing out? :popcorn:

I also liked 2 the best. I'd say give 4 a chance, and skip the rest.

I exchanged it for Dead Rising 3- the difficulty with that game me be that I can't play in front of my 2 year old son….

I hated AC 3 so much I just couldn't bring myself to open another game. Everything about the game just bugged me. I thought the story was neat, but the gameplay was atrocious. Even if 4 was a step up, 3 was such a step back for the series I couldn't do it. If the game drops in price, I might pick it up in a few years used just to say I gave it a chance, but I'd never play it at full price.

I was going to wait a year before buying the next gen system, but the wife sort of made the decision for me yesterday. She bought me an XBox One. I knew she'd be more interested in the XBox because of how it works more as a multimedia console.

She got me the Ryse game and Assassins Creed. I'm going to exchange the AC game as I didn't really enjoy. Ryse is pretty incredible graphically, but not all that fun.

However, I downloaded Max and my daughter and I are really enjoying it. One of the better Marketplace games, and it is family friendly. Graphics are pretty decent as well.

Hold on there...I hated 3 but love 4. 4 is a vast improvement; it isn't even close.

I liked 1 loved 2, brotherhood not so much and revelations made me not want to play another one of those games. :sick: I guess I am missing out? :popcorn:

Maybe I will try 4. (thumbs u. Playing the newest Bioshock....not loving that either. Heard good things about it. Not sure what I am missing. The onslaught of things to pick up is getting crazy. :mad:

Well, as the year went on, people started to hate on the game. To be honest, the combat gets repetitive. The story hooked me and the art direction was absolutely beautiful. Whatever you do, at least try to finish the game. You need to see the ending

And stick around for the after credits scene.

As a huge fan of Bioshock 1 and 2, I downloaded Infinate a week or so before Christmas. It was on sale from the Marketplace so I grabbed it. I wasn't all that impressed. It sort of bored me and didn't draw me in. I really wanted to like it and liked things about it, but it just didn't do it for me.

I loved the first two though. I was sort of disappointed by my lackluster interest…

The best buy I work at had the ps4's yesterday, we have a pallet full of Xbox ones as they don't sell as well

It is funny how the media is saying otherwise. Everything I've read says that both systems are selling out everywhere, but from what I've seen that hasn't been the case.

Is it a supply thing? Maybe Sony is sending fewer PS4s out?

So any idea when PS4's are going to start shipping again?

I've been sitting on my hands but there just aren't ANY shipments anywhere.. Future Shop, Best Buy, EB games, the Sony Store, Costco, nobody here has been getting any since release date.

I wouldn't expect to see it in local stores until late February. Honestly, you're not missing much right now; the launch line-up was lack-luster. I haven't even turned mine on in a couple weeks. The best game for it (to me anyway) is AC 4, but you can get that on the PS3.

The best buy I work at had the ps4's yesterday, we have a pallet full of Xbox ones as they don't sell as well

It is funny how the media is saying otherwise. Everything I've read says that both systems are selling out everywhere, but from what I've seen that hasn't been the case.

Is it a supply thing? Maybe Sony is sending fewer PS4s out?

Here is all the data: Sony is slightly ahead on hardware and software, but the PS4 was supply constrained. Also, this is US only.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251427/ps4-vs-xbox-one-us-launch-sales-comparison/

I was extremely excited about AO before it came out, and then was pretty underwhelmed by it after loving the first two games. And it crashed my save when I was about 80% done with the game, not cool. It was a different dev as well.

She got me the Ryse game and Assassins Creed. I'm going to exchange the AC game as I didn't really enjoy. Ryse is pretty incredible graphically, but not all that fun.

Maybe I will try 4. (thumbs u. Playing the newest Bioshock....not loving that either. Heard good things about it. Not sure what I am missing. The onslaught of things to pick up is getting crazy. :mad:

Well, as the year went on, people started to hate on the game. To be honest, the combat gets repetitive. The story hooked me and the art direction was absolutely beautiful. Whatever you do, at least try to finish the game. You need to see the ending

And stick around for the after credits scene.

As a huge fan of Bioshock 1 and 2, I downloaded Infinate a week or so before Christmas. It was on sale from the Marketplace so I grabbed it. I wasn't all that impressed. It sort of bored me and didn't draw me in. I really wanted to like it and liked things about it, but it just didn't do it for me.

I loved the first two though. I was sort of disappointed by my lackluster interest…

I finished Bioshock Infinite. I still have the ehhhhh reaction to it. Was not that great. The voice acting was very good....and the graphics were also good....but the game felt very rinse repeat for the levels. (shrug)

And I think I skipped the credits. After rereading what was said above I feel like I missed something now. :tonofbricks: I will make sure to check it out....replaying for collectables now....and I still have the 1999 run. :sick:

You should try out Dishonored, I think you might like that one.

Combining the gameplay of Dishonored with the setting/atmosphere of the Assassin's Creed games would be perfection. What I like about that game is that you can complete your assassination missions without directly killing anyone. There's even a trophy if you can pull it off throughout the entire game.

Received Dishonored:GOTY for Christmas. Fired it up over the weekend and I like it so far.

I received an X-Bone for X-Mas, and am enjoying it, but am not blown away. I suppose I've become jaded by the previous leaps forward in technology. The jump from 8 to 16 bit, then 16 to 32, and onward, was always exciting, but we are at a point where the games really can only look and play so well, no matter how advanced the hardware is.

I got Dead Rising 3 and COD:Ghosts along with the system. DR3 hasn't been nearly as fun as the first two so far, and looks a little hokey. Ghosts is fine but I am at shooters, so I haven't gotten very far with it.

The day after X-Mas, Best Buy was having a sale, buy two games (or a game and a controller) and get a $25 GC back. So, I picked up NBA2k14 (which looks great but is needlessly cluttered with a ton of online options I won't use, and confusing menus) and an extra controller.

I also had at Target GC from X-Mas, so I picked up Marvel Lego, which is great fun, but not anything remarkably different from the previous Lego entries.

After picking those up, Best Buy had ANOTHER sale, with most of the X-Bone games running about $40. So, I put the $25 GC I received from my previous BB purchase along with $15 and picked up Forza.

Forza looks beautiful, and has been my favorite of the launch titles so far.

Then, after I bought my $15 copy of Forza, BB sent me a $15 coupon, and a $10 rewards cert. So, I used those to pick up a $25 Energizer double controller charger, which is a remarkable deal considering that it comes with TWO rechargeable battery packs. It's a really nice little unit, takes up little space, seems to work like a charm. I'm already vastly preferring this to the old play and charge kit.

I'm eagerly anticipating a really good RPG hitting the system. I need a Fallout, or a GTA, or an Elder Scrolls, or SOMETHING that is huge and time-consuming and lovely. Nothing like that out so far, and I don't see anything in the immediate future either. I'm also hoping that the XBL offerings grow soon.

As for the other features, the motion controls are a bit wonky and hit or miss, but the voice commands can be useful. It's nice being able to fire up the unit and go to Netflix and start up where I left off on a show without having to touch a single controller. But so far most of the Kinect features are little better than parlor tricks, and not incredibly useful.

Anecdotally, I've seen plenty of X-Bones around here, ever since about a week before X-Mas. I have yet to see a PS4 in the wild.