• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Bryan Singer's Days of Futures Past be a retcon doing away with Last Stand?

132 posts in this topic

You don't think the X-MEN dressed in black leather biker S&M outfits didn't look stupid?

Nope.

Take a look at the Cap costume in the films. Pretty damned laughable, eh?

Well, that's nothing compared to how ludicrous the X-Men would have looked in their yellow, blue, red and gold lycra. :roflmao:

I think you might have a potential career as a Hollywood producer hm

X-Men Last Stand is a far better action movie than the story-less X2, but all the changes made seem to really butthurt the fanboys.

It seems that studios are allowed to make mediocre movies like X2 as long as they stick to the established continuity, but if they make an action-packed flick like X3 and all over continuity, they are hammered by the fanboys.

I personally liked X3 because it's the only movie that actually showed that mutants were powerful and could actually fight. Magneto had some great scenes and Wolverine wasn't just a fool swinging his claws around aimlessly like in X2. Singer has absolutely no clue on how to stage or shoot an action scene and this is shown clearly in Superman.

You guys need to step back from the funny books a bit, as this was nowhere near the same as turning Gwen into a 'ho, and I'm just about the biggest Dark Phoenix fan alive. But I can still separate the movies from the comics.

Why should you have to?

You don't have to do anything but in many peoples opinions, movies work better being based on cmic books rather than copying comic books. Sometimes they work well and sometimes they don't but the X Men trilogy was very successful as was Avengers which shows that not everyone is hung up on how closely the films follow the comic storylines. You're entitled to your point of view but so is everyone else.

The majority of people who saw those movies have no clue how close they were or were not to the comics, so why would they be hung up on anything? (shrug)

..... and film makers have to appeal to the majority so why would they worry about a few collectors who are interested in the film closely following the comics? Even among comic collectors, it seems that most enjoyed the first two films at least so we're talking about the minority of the minority who are actually hung up on the films following the comics.

Why on Earth would film makers then be worried about it? (shrug)

They obviously don't care...the majority of people seeing the movies don't know any better. It's up to the so called comic book fans to give a rat's arse.

It's not that comic book fans don't give a rat's arse, it's that not all comic book fans agree with your point of view.

If you're an alleged comic book fan, why wouldn't you want to see at least a decent attempt made to be faithful to the source material?

Because the general audience will think it looks stupid 2c

Really? I don't recall the general audiences thinking that Superman: The Movie looked stupid or that Batman Begins looked stupid (shrug)

Superman & Batman are well known enough by the general public that they didn't look stupid.

You don't think the X-MEN dressed in black leather biker S&M outfits didn't look stupid?

How were they S&M outfits?

I didn't mind the black leather suits.

I just can't see costume designs by Jim Lee or John Byrne work for the big screen.

The suits in First Class were pretty good.

I'm sure you had a real nice chuckle at the "yellow spandex" comment in the original X-MEn movie.

X-Men Last Stand is a far better action movie than the story-less X2, but all the changes made seem to really butthurt the fanboys.

It seems that studios are allowed to make mediocre movies like X2 as long as they stick to the established continuity, but if they make an action-packed flick like X3 and all over continuity, they are hammered by the fanboys.

I personally liked X3 because it's the only movie that actually showed that mutants were powerful and could actually fight. Magneto had some great scenes and Wolverine wasn't just a fool swinging his claws around aimlessly like in X2. Singer has absolutely no clue on how to stage or shoot an action scene and this is shown clearly in Superman.

You guys need to step back from the funny books a bit, as this was nowhere near the same as turning Gwen into a 'ho, and I'm just about the biggest Dark Phoenix fan alive. But I can still separate the movies from the comics.

Why should you have to?

You don't have to do anything but in many peoples opinions, movies work better being based on cmic books rather than copying comic books. Sometimes they work well and sometimes they don't but the X Men trilogy was very successful as was Avengers which shows that not everyone is hung up on how closely the films follow the comic storylines. You're entitled to your point of view but so is everyone else.

The majority of people who saw those movies have no clue how close they were or were not to the comics, so why would they be hung up on anything? (shrug)

..... and film makers have to appeal to the majority so why would they worry about a few collectors who are interested in the film closely following the comics? Even among comic collectors, it seems that most enjoyed the first two films at least so we're talking about the minority of the minority who are actually hung up on the films following the comics.

They obviously don't care...the majority of people seeing the movies don't know any better. It's up to the so called comic book fans to give a rat's arse.

It's not that comic book fans don't give a rat's arse, it's that not all comic book fans agree with your point of view.

If you're an alleged comic book fan, why wouldn't you want to see at least a decent attempt made to be faithful to the source material?

Really? I don't recall the general audiences thinking that Superman: The Movie looked stupid or that Batman Begins looked stupid (shrug)

Superman & Batman are well known enough by the general public that they didn't look stupid.

I just can't see costume designs by Jim Lee or John Byrne work for the big screen.

I'm sure you had a real nice chuckle at the "yellow spandex" comment in the original X-MEn movie.

Yeah lol

Why should you have to?

Yeah lol

I'm not surprised. Hopefully that movie made you less embarrassed about being a comic book fan around your non comic book fan friends... since now we're all legit.

Nope.

Well, that's nothing compared to how ludicrous the X-Men would have looked in their yellow, blue, red and gold lycra. :roflmao:

He wouldn't like the hours.

Why should you have to?

Yeah lol

I'm not surprised. Hopefully that movie made you less embarrassed about being a comic book fan around your non comic book fan friends... since now we're all legit.

Wow,take a chill pill :screwy:

Nope.

He wouldn't like the hours.

He has the right mindset though hm

Nope.

Well, I think he'd stand a better chance than you as you'd probably produce something that you loved that would be a complete failure and would sink any chances of any more super hero films beng produced for another decade or so

Why should you have to?

Yeah lol

I'm fine, but thank you for the advice :foryou:

Why should you have to?

Yeah lol

I'm fine, but thank you for the advice :foryou:

lol

:hi:

Nope.

Well, I think he'd stand a better chance than you as you'd probably produce something that you loved that would be a complete failure and would sink any chances of any more super hero films beng produced for another decade or so

I won't hold my breath waiting for either of us to become Hollywood producers lol