• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will be the biggest comic book movie blockbuster of 2013?

biggest comic book hit of 2013  

447 members have voted

1. 1. biggest comic book hit of 2013

81 posts in this topic

I dont see how Man of Steel will beat Ironman.

With what the Avengers did, Ironman is going to be HUGE.

I think it's kind of cool that Shane Black is directing it.

I dont see how Man of Steel will beat Ironman.

With what the Avengers did, Ironman is going to be HUGE.

Hey listen I hope IM 3 is the best movie of the summer. IM 3 looks decent but I don't see how it will be ground breaking compare to Man of Steel.

FYI: I am not a fan of Superman what so ever, but it looks amazing.

I voted for Star Trek, I enjoyed the reboot a lot. I am sure Trekkies will go and see it a few times. I did not even see IM 2, and I will pass on IM 3.

How can you pass on IM 3?

Easy, didn't like #1 and #2 held zero interest for me. Mandarin the villain in this movie, well I would rather by a X-Force #1.

I'm sure Iron Man will be the victor,but high on my list to see is Sin City A Dame to Kill for and 300.I'm just a huge fan of the Sin City books(Got all of em),and the first movie was epic in my opinion. :applause:

Best gage might be previous box office... domestic for:

Iron Man = $318m

Iron Man 2 = $312m

Star Terk = $258m

Thor = $181m

However, when it comes to fantasy films in general, Hobbit has already done $281m, and if the past is telling, the big hit of 2013 will be Hunger Games 2

(part 1 did $408m domestic!)

I voted for Star Trek, I enjoyed the reboot a lot. I am sure Trekkies will go and see it a few times. I did not even see IM 2, and I will pass on IM 3.

Easy, didn't like #1 and #2 held zero interest for me. Mandarin the villain in this movie, well I would rather by a X-Force #1.

You didn't like IM 1? :o

Man I am curious to see what you would rank higher than IM 1

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 2/Superman 2 TIE

Avengers (If we are talking straight up action this would be #1)

Spider-man 1 (2012)

I see Iron Man performing extremely well with Star Trek 2 being close behind.

Man of Steel will under perform similar to the last Superman movie.

I don't know if I see this Superman movie being as story-weak as the previous Superman movie. I just cannot see Nolan or Zack Snyder allowing that to happen.

But then again, Snyder made Sucker Punch. :(

I'm sure Iron Man will be the victor,but high on my list to see is Sin City A Dame to Kill for and 300.I'm just a huge fan of the Sin City books(Got all of em),and the first movie was epic in my opinion. :applause:

Sin City might be the most faithful to the source material comic book movie I've ever seen and I agree with you, loved it. If the sequel is anything like it I'm sure I'll love that one too.

Sin City might be the most faithful to the source material comic book movie I've ever seen and I agree with you, loved it. If the sequel is anything like it I'm sure I'll love that one too.

Yes Frank Millers involvement insured the first movies validity to the source material! I as well am looking forward to this second movie.... :wishluck:

I see Iron Man performing extremely well with Star Trek 2 being close behind.

Man of Steel will under perform similar to the last Superman movie.

I don't know if I see this Superman movie being as story-weak as the previous Superman movie. I just cannot see Nolan or Zack Snyder allowing that to happen.

But then again, Snyder made Sucker Punch. :(

didn't he write sucker punch, I know when he directs a movie they are amazing. He did a great job on legend of the guardians: the owls of the Ga'Hoole movie

You didn't like IM 1? :o

Man I am curious to see what you would rank higher than IM 1

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 2/Superman 2 TIE

Avengers (If we are talking straight up action this would be #1)

Spider-man 1 (2012)

Well of the above movies that you mentioned, I have not seen BDK, S2 and ASM, and my brother asked me to leave the movie theater during Spiderman 2. So I guess Avengers would be rated the highest.

To be honest I really don't like any super hero movies. I only went to see Avengers because a friend of mine told me I needed to see 1 part in it. IMO they make to many things that are just wrong. I know that they take liberties, but some just really really, are not good.

Iron man by the length of the street.

I'm totally fed up with all the Superman angst BS.

"who am I"

"you will determine waht kind of man you will be".

Who cares!

He's Superman. Lets see him kick some butt!

If you want angst go watch Twilight or Dr Phil.

You want action,then its Iron Man all day.

Superman will bomb.

Absolutely bomb.

My kids both independantly said that of the above list,that was the one neither was planning on seeing.

Both went for the Hunger Games sequel and World War Z as the first ones they would choose.

They are 18 and 19.

Maybe thats a clue (shrug)