• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will be the biggest comic book movie blockbuster of 2013?

biggest comic book hit of 2013  

447 members have voted

1. 1. biggest comic book hit of 2013

81 posts in this topic

Iron Man 1

Spider-man Rami

Superman 2

Ultimate versions? (shrug)

I guess am I just not understanding how a comic book fan doesn't want to see comic book movies that are deemed very well done.

Most of the comic book movies recently have exceeded my expectations times a hundred.

I mean listen I can't tell anyone what do like or what not to like, but I just can't grasp the reasoning not wanting to see comic book movies that most fans would consider an A+ adaptions.

If you said I have not seen Elektra or the Ghost Riders movies I completely understand, but Iron Man or TDK. :ohnoez:

That's why I said I don't read the Ultimate's.

Let's talk about the Avengers, and that 3 of the original Avengers are in the movie. Now Nick Fury from the movie was not the same Nick Fury that I read in Sgt Fury and his Howling Commando's. No disrespect to Samuel L Windu but come on really? Or Spiderman, Mary Jane as Peter's first love? Or Green Goblin in armor, WTH? The best part of that movie was when the Goblin was singing "the itsy bitsy spider went up the waterspout, down came the Goblin who took the spider out. After that was the ending credits, so that one could leave.

I have been reading comics since I was 8 and I will be 53 this year, just because I do not like these bad interpretations of my favorite comics does not mean I do not like my comics.

Oh and I have not seen Elektra, Daredevil(really Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin? may he RIP),Ghost Riders, or either of the Hulks.

I predict pain for Iron Man. It will probably do ok at the box office, but the movie will be the worst one to date, and is probably one more movie away from it's "Batman and Robin" swan song. Perhaps complete with nipples on the Iron Man suit.

I also predict that the Superman movie will rekindle the franchise, much the way Dark Knight did Batman. While it may not beat Iron Man at the BO, it will lay the groundwork for sequels that will blow away all other superhero movies before it.

this is my hope; my prayer is that the sequel will be a classic supe v. flash race.

I voted for Star Trek, I enjoyed the reboot a lot. I am sure Trekkies will go and see it a few times. I did not even see IM 2, and I will pass on IM 3.

How can you pass on IM 3?

i had a similar thought, but mine was "how does a guy/gal that frequents comic chat boards pass on im 3?"

I'm sure Iron Man will be the victor,but high on my list to see is Sin City A Dame to Kill for and 300.I'm just a huge fan of the Sin City books(Got all of em),and the first movie was epic in my opinion. :applause:

Sin City might be the most faithful to the source material comic book movie I've ever seen and I agree with you, loved it. If the sequel is anything like it I'm sure I'll love that one too.

for me, the most faithful has been 300---it felt like the frames were reproduced. sin city faithful as well.

I voted for Star Trek, I enjoyed the reboot a lot. I am sure Trekkies will go and see it a few times. I did not even see IM 2, and I will pass on IM 3.

Easy, didn't like #1 and #2 held zero interest for me. Mandarin the villain in this movie, well I would rather by a X-Force #1.

You didn't like IM 1? :o

Man I am curious to see what you would rank higher than IM 1

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 2/Superman 2 TIE

Avengers (If we are talking straight up action this would be #1)

Spider-man 1 (2012)

Well of the above movies that you mentioned, I have not seen BDK, S2 and ASM, and my brother asked me to leave the movie theater during Spiderman 2. So I guess Avengers would be rated the highest.

To be honest I really don't like any super hero movies. I only went to see Avengers because a friend of mine told me I needed to see 1 part in it. IMO they make to many things that are just wrong. I know that they take liberties, but some just really really, are not good.

and you complied?

Easy, didn't like #1 and #2 held zero interest for me. Mandarin the villain in this movie, well I would rather by a X-Force #1.

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 1 (2012)

The fact that Amazing Spider-Man is on that list prevents you from having credibility in any conversation about movies for the rest of your life.

I find your lack of movie intelligence disturbing. :baiting:

I can't for the life of me understand what would make anyone not like ASM 2012.

There is nothing wrong with the Ultimate Spider-man version on film, and honestly I felt more like I was back in the Ditko issues than Sam Rami's version.

You do see however I rank Spider-man 2 higher right?

it is my 12 yr old daughter's favorite movie. about 1 in 4 times i ask her if she wants to watch a movie, she chooses it. thus, i've seen it about 6 times now. each time, i like it more. spidey 2, dk and the avengers will remain a sort of triumvirate at the top for me, probably with the avengers being first among equals, but i think i do now like asm second best of the 4 spidey movies.

My top 5 of all time is:

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 1

Spider-man 1 (2012)

Well of the above movies that you mentioned, I have not seen BDK, S2 and ASM, and my brother asked me to leave the movie theater during Spiderman 2. So I guess Avengers would be rated the highest.

To be honest I really don't like any super hero movies. I only went to see Avengers because a friend of mine told me I needed to see 1 part in it. IMO they make to many things that are just wrong. I know that they take liberties, but some just really really, are not good.

and you complied?

Yup I left, I went and played video games in the lobby. I was booing it and that was the and will be the last Spiderman movie I have seen. It's better for me and the people around me that I do not see anymore. I can also say that I do not own any copy of a comic movie on DVD except for Avengers and that is because my 2 youngest daughters really like the movie and my grandsons like to watch when they come to my house.

My kids both independantly said that of the above list,that was the one neither was planning on seeing.

Both went for the Hunger Games sequel and World War Z as the first ones they would choose.

They are 18 and 19.

Maybe thats a clue (shrug)

Sit yer kids down and force them to watch DREDD. :sumo:

They'll love it.

It was far better then that Hunger Games Krap.

My kids both independantly said that of the above list,that was the one neither was planning on seeing.

Both went for the Hunger Games sequel and World War Z as the first ones they would choose.

They are 18 and 19.

They'll love it.

Speaking of Dredd,I got you a Blu-Ray copy on Friday :)

They are 18 and 19.

They'll love it.

Woe... woe... woe... Slow down there.

Have you seen The Hunger Games?

Are you aware how good of an actress Jennifer Lawrence is?

I really liked it. It felt like lighter 'Battle Royale meets Winter's Bone', but sometimes movies like this can exist in the same universe.

hm Agree on Dredd being in the top three of last year's comic book movies.

They are 18 and 19.

They'll love it.

You could have leaned over a little from the computer monitor to tell Sam that. He's just sitting on the other side of the table.

:o

They are 18 and 19.

They'll love it.

You could have leaned over a little from the computer monitor to tell Sam that. He's just sitting on the other side of the table.

:o

lol

AFter watching the three trailers, I'm most interested in Star Trek

+1

The extended preview shown for Star Trek before the Hobbit looked great.