• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Django Unchained NECA Action Figures--who's buying?

117 posts in this topic

I thought it was Butch and Broomhilda that came 1 per case?

http://www.moviereplicasdirect.com/django-unchained-8-in-action-doll-assortment.html

Butch and Hilda were one per case.

Thanks.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/24/django-unchained-slave-toys-banned-ebay/

Don't count on finding one of those discontinued "Django Unchained" slave toys on eBay any time soon -- TMZ has learned, the action figures have now been banned from the auction website.

TMZ broke the story ... the Weinstein Company (which produced the film) discontinued the promotional figurines in response to a massive backlash from several African-American advocacy groups.

After the toy company halted production, the toys began to pop up on eBay as "rare" collectibles ... and bids skyrocketed.

But last night, all the listings for the "Django" toys were yanked from the website -- and eBay explained itself to sellers with an email, saying, "Since the manufacturer of this product has discontinued the items sale due to its potentially offensive nature, we are not allowing it to be sold on eBay.

eBay also cautioned the sellers not to re-list the items.

A rep for the auction website confirmed the story, telling us, "These [toys] were removed as they were in violation of our Offensive Materials policy."

:facepalm:

I found a picture of a ten figure case on an ebay listing 3 days ago but it was removed almost as fast as it went up. I did save a copy to picasa though. It was a NECA case of django action figures and is clearly marked #130 of 2500.

Odds are this was NOT a picture of the last shipped case so I have to wonder just how many are out there????????

I found a picture of a ten figure case on an ebay listing 3 days ago but it was removed almost as fast as it went up. I did save a copy to picasa though. It was a NECA case of django action figures and is clearly marked #130 of 2500.

Odds are this was NOT a picture of the last shipped case so I have to wonder just how many are out there????????

Welcome to the Boards.

From the sound of it they had "shipped" 1,000 pieces (whatever pieces means...I think it means 1,000 figures) already before Weinstein asked them the stop production.

Then Neca sold everything they had on Ebay in one day. These must have been the pieces not yet shipped to dealers. It was between 200 and 500 of each figure.

Didn't know about NECA dumping on Ebay. Thanks for the info. The pre-orders

will also add quite a few to the final numbers. I ordered a Django and a Shultz at 10:00am on Amazon on the 18th after I saw the news. I assumed they would be cancelled but I emailed the seller (NECA) and they told me last Friday my order was to be shipped on the 28th of Jan.