• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scariest??

21 posts in this topic

I want something thats scary or after reading it your hairs stand on end!

As much of a huge horror-head as I am, I don't think you are going to find anything that is going to make you lock your bedroom door at night and force you to say your prayers out of fear. For that effect from horror comics you really need to still be young... and I don't include "young at heart."

I think it is a GREAT idea to have kids read "Hoppin' Down the Bunny Trail" from Unexpected 202 for this very reason. (who suggested this? Greggy? ..GREAT idea!) I know when I have kids I'm gonna let them read it, cuz at that pre-teen/ early teen age horror comics WILL SCARE you, and that's what it's all about.

These days I read all the horror stuff (and it is ALL I read, basically) for kicks, almost like some strung out coke-head looking desperately to recapture the euphoria of the first dose of so long ago. The rush is never the same.

However, I won't discourage you from reading/collecting horror, because it is still great fun even for a jaded adult. Just don't expect to find anything to make you run screaming out of the house to the neighbors when you are all alone and the sun starts to set.

Twisted Tales from the 80's is great stuff.

70's - any DC horror pretty much

and of course the EC's are legend.....