• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #608 RRP Post your Copy Club!

9 posts in this topic

Hey,

Not sure if anyone has started a thread about owning this book, so I am starting one. ;)

POST YOUR COPY!

Post your copy If you currently own one and collect this issue.

(Below is not mine, but just want o start the thread with an image of the book)

My copy is at CGC right now so I will post the book once I finally get it back.

scan0002.jpg

thanks for reading,

John

Also wouldn't mind talking about the history of book or anything else that can educate other boardies or lurkers about this book would also be cool.

I will start with this fact. There is definitely more than 200 copies of this book contrary to what a lot of eBay sellers love to say in their listings of this book. :/ I think the number is around 300-375, but that I am completely sure there is more than 200 though. Just by the CGC census shows 276. You can factor in re-subbing might make that 276 number a tad incorrect if the resubbers did not turn in the old CGC label as well, but even with that said I think there is well over 300+ copies known.

I feel this is the most important variant since 2000, and is the flagship book that leads all the variants since the year 2000.

2nd = Batman #612 2nd Print

3rd = Wolverine #1 Campbell Deadpool variant and/or Siege #3 Campbell Deadpool Variant

(Order is not by value but by how in demand they are or asked about at shows, just IMO)

For sure would love to join this club one day :wishluck: but as far as how many were printed for sure I know there where at least over 200 ! Here's the link from Recalled comics and they say there's about 500 printed !!! :eek: so thats why I'm not that ready to join just now :fear:

http://www.recalledcomics.com/Batman608RRP.php

Either way 500 is still an extremely small print one on this issue.

Demand for this book will always be high.

I heard that Jim Lee signed a 100 copies of this book prior to the Summit, and of course unfortunately CGC will only give that a green label.

I still kick myself for this one. My LCS actually had 3 copies of this RRP on the shelf for $20 each and I passed on it because I was already spending close to $100 that day. :(

That is awful. :cry: