• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batmobile just sold for 4.2 Million!

52 posts in this topic

Looks like the Monroe dress from Seven year itch sold for 4.6 mil.

The whole Debbie Reynolds collection sold for 22 million but that's a large number of items together.

Debbie Reynolds Film Memorabilia Auction is one of the most highly anticipated auctions related to the belongings of the celebrities. The auction includes collection of original film posters, dresses, film costumes, shoes and many other things used by the celebs. The auction was expecting a high price of $18 million but fetched a little more than that - $22.8 million. It sold items like the white billowing dress worn by Marilyn Monroe in the Seven Year Itch that fetched $4.6 Million, Judy Garland 'Dorothy' dress worn in Wizard of Oz that sold for $910,000, Audrey Hepburn Ascot dress that went on for $3.7 million, Julie's SOM guitar that fetched $140,000 and many more items.

I'd have to check a bit about Profiles-in -history's sales,but i think this could be the one.

They had stuff like the Dorothy Oz shoes and Marilyn Monroe's dress but i don't think even those went that high.

thx for the lead. according to their site, this is not the film/tv record (might be a TV only record though)

The Wizard of Oz ($805,000); Steve McQueen’s “Michael Delaney” racing suit from Le Mans ($960,000); a Panavision motion picture camera used by George Lucas to film Star Wars ($624,000); a full-scale model T-800 Endoskeleton from Terminator 2: Judgment Day ($488,750); Marilyn Monroe’s platinum & diamond wedding band from her marriage to Joe DiMaggio ($504,000); Marilyn Monroe’s “Diamonds” dress from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes ($356,500); a King Kong 1933 six-sheet movie poster ($345,000); Luke Skywalker’s light saber from Star Wars ($240,000); Margaret Hamilton’s “Wicked Witch” hat from The Wizard Of Oz ($230,000); and The Invisible Man 1933 one-sheet movie poster ($230,000). From the history-making Debbie Reynolds Auction in June 2011, Profiles in History sold the Marilyn Monroe “Subway” Dress from The Seven Year Itch for a record breaking $5.52M, the Marilyn Monroe signature red-sequined showgirl gown from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes for $1.44M and the Audrey Hepburn Ascot Dress from My Fair Lady for $4.44M.

You and me both! :insane: Just thought you might be interested in the #.

I am.... thanks ! I almost got to go for a ride in this one.... but it seemed like a bit of a hassle for the owner and I didn't want a "free ride" line to form. I personally know the folks dressed as Batman and Batgirl. They did get to drive it around the block (worship)

The man who bought the car lives in the neighborhood I grew up and went to high school in (Ahwatukee). I can only think of two neighborhoods where someone with that kind of dough would live... :devil:

Just so you all know,

The original Batmobile driven on the 1960s TV series sold for auction on Saturday for $4.6 million. The seller was legendary kustom car king George Barris who had transformed the 1955 Lincoln Futura for television. The buyer was Rick Champagne, owner of an Arizona logistics company. Champagne says he's going to put the car in his living room.

That definitely sounds like the coolest opening narration of a film noir type tv series.

Like so.

Cue Nelson Riddle swinging pad music.

My name's Champagne.I'm a millionaire.How much of a millionaire am i you ask ? Let's just say i have the Batmobile in my living room.

On the weekends i'm bored..(fast zoom on his face )..i chase the bad guys for kicks !

A blonde and a brunette rush in the frame to stand on either side of him.

"He's Champaaaaaaaaaaagne !