• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does your significant other care about your comic collection, collecting?

41 posts in this topic

My wife is wholeheartedly supportive.

She even insists on doing all the packing for my sales - and posts them.

She has an interest in the $ accumilation as well, and in a good way.

She uses my GPA and understands why I may try to buy a book as a 6.0 and the rationale of there being the potential for a 7.0. with a CPR.

She' loves to figure out away to display art and slabs (eventually) and totally gets why I need a bank safety deposit box.

Pretty awesome reaaly.

I do wonder sometimes if shes keeping a tally so she can demand we extend the house to accomodate the 'new kitchen and bathroom' that we apparently will need soon! lol

Its good to have family support and interest.

2c

My wife has never particularly cared for comics, though she was happy with the profit I made from selling off some of my collection the last few years. She does like 1940s L.B. Cole covers and wants me to make a few posters from some. She mostly resents the closet space consumed by my collection, and insists that when we were first married 27 years ago and I only had a couple boxes of undergrounds, I misrepresented the degree of my addiction.

My wife has never particularly cared for comics, though she was happy with the profit I made from selling off some of my collection the last few years. She does like 1940s L.B. Cole covers and wants me to make a few posters from some. She mostly resents the closet space consumed by my collection, and insists that when we were first married 27 years ago and I only had a couple boxes of undergrounds, I misrepresented the degree of my addiction.

You're from Southern California too,does your wife have a purse addiction? That's where I go for the throat, and bring up how expensive her Juicy Couture bag was. lol

So I'm not alone in opening packages after the wife is snoring huh?

I think we are not alone.

I went into my man cave, closed the door and opened the packages like a kid on christmas day. HAHA

Haha, I work from home most of the time so my trip the the mailbox is the best part of my day. Sadly, my wife works from home too... I usually keep them in the garage, then unwrap later in the day... SHE HAS NEVER CARED. But I try not to push my luck.

She mostly resents the closet space consumed by my collection, and insists that when we were first married 27 years ago and I only had a couple boxes of undergrounds, I misrepresented the degree of my addiction.

lol . That's really funny.

My girlfriend has watched the evolution of my collecting habit go from modest to expensive.

She's read the entire TWD series and genuinely likes it.

She was okay with my collecting, but was at a loss of words when I dropped over 1K on a piece of art, and kept buying more, and said I could be using the $$ for something else more reasonable. :shrug:

Eventually she just bit her tongue because she knew I knew was I was doing. ;)

She mostly resents the closet space consumed by my collection, and insists that when we were first married 27 years ago and I only had a couple boxes of undergrounds, I misrepresented the degree of my addiction.

lol . That's really funny.

My girlfriend has watched the evolution of my collecting habit go from modest to expensive.

She's read the entire TWD series and genuinely likes it.

She was okay with my collecting, but was at a loss of words when I dropped over 1K on a piece of art, and kept buying more, and said I could be using the $$ for something else more reasonable. :shrug:

Eventually she just bit her tongue because she knew I knew was I was doing. ;)

I think I'm about a year or two behind you. The gf is getting there. She likes the WD show a lot and I've been pushing the compendium on her ever so slightly over the past year.

She's definitely come around on the collecting, as long as there is a little flipping going on here and there...

You're from Southern California too,does your wife have a purse addiction? That's where I go for the throat, and bring up how expensive her Juicy Couture bag was. lol

Thankfully no, but she did buy herself a jeep last summer, a clunky impractical vehicle that get lousy gas mileage and that she'll probably never take off road though she claims she plans to.

My wife is a Thor fanatic after seeing the movie. She has all the last series + variants. She has all the new series so far. She never reads them and she wont read the trades ( I have to sneak read them) but buys them. She has Thor mugs, dolls, posters, collectables, pez dispensers, a drawing...etc.

My wife is a Thor fanatic after seeing the movie. She has all the last series + variants. She has all the new series so far. Se never reads them and she wont read the trades ( I have to sneak read them) but buys them. She has Thor mugs, dolls, posters, collectables, pez dispensers, a drawing...etc.

Luckily for you theres plenty of Thor for her to collect! JIM 83 is a nice present for you to get her! :)

Thankfully no, but she did buy herself a jeep last summer, a clunky impractical vehicle that get lousy gas mileage and that she'll probably never take off road though she claims she plans to.

:eek: A car payment.

I still remember when I was younger (about 20 years ago) , my girlfriend (Not my wife) who I dated for a few years hated my collecting of comics and toys . I used to have to have my books sent to my job in Manhattan and then carry them home on a ferry then a train . My girlfriend used to eat dinner with my family every night so i used to have to after I got off the train and walked to my house put them in my car (which was parked in front of my house) and after she would leave I would have to go out and get the books. I had to leave my Daredevil #1 sitting in a car a night one time. But if she knew I purchased a book while we were supposed to be saving up for a wedding she would have flipped . Thank goodness I got out of that relationship.

:eek: A car payment.

Cash, maybe that's worse.

I wish my wife was as cool with my collecting as the rest of yours are! She isn't the biggest fan! She'd never make me to stop but she certainly doesn't pass up an opportunity to tell me how much she dislikes it!

I don't completely hate it though! It keeps me honest, and stops me from letting my Pull List get out of control due to habit buying...