• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broken Search?

8 posts in this topic

I try to type "Nowhere Men" into the search bar and there are 0 hits, I know for a fact that there is a Nowhere Men thread.

Why am I getting 0 results?

Possibly because both words you're searching for are on a stopword list used by the board's search system. Stopwords are common words excluded from the indexing done to make text searches possible. The use of stopwords makes the indexing and searching faster by excluding common words like "the", "and", etc.

I try to type "Nowhere Men" into the search bar and there are 0 hits, I know for a fact that there is a Nowhere Men thread.

Why am I getting 0 results?

Possibly because both words you're searching for are on a stopword list used by the board's search system. Stopwords are common words excluded from the indexing done to make text searches possible. The use of stopwords makes the indexing and searching faster by excluding common words like "the", "and", etc.

That would explain it, Thank you very much

They should add "broken" and "search" to the list then, so no one could find these threads, and in turn that would help keep alive the bad advice to "use the search feature" and the entertaining "titantic sinks" photos that seem to follow people's inability to properly research recurring threads before posting.

Thanks for the reply. I know how to get there but when I search Nowhere Men in the search bar, nothing shows up?

Any ideas?

BUTM is smartest of all.

And I'm pretty sure this is how he does it: go to Google, type in (paste) " site:boards.collectors-society.com " and then your search words. Check out your results now: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=+site:boards.collectors-society.com++nowhere+men&oq=+site:boards.collectors-society.com++nowhere+men&gs_l=hp.12...49562.49562.1.50953.1.1.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.m6EFbqBiaBA&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41248874,d.dmQ&fp=15667442720058dd&biw=1024&bih=630