• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skywald, Eerie Publications, Stanley Magazines oh my!

483 posts in this topic

Nice Shock Cover Awe! There was this one issue in the shock series that had a really weird type of art technique to the cover. I rarely see it for sale. I'll dig it up and post it if I can find it this weekend.

How about this Ghoul Tales? If you look close these ghouls in cloaks have a noose around this poor chaps neck and they are about to hoist him up by it! Truly grim cover. You actually don't find to many covers that have torture with males. Most are females. I know that the Shock V2 #2 is another good example that was posted earlier by shiver. And I know that Eerie Publications had 1 or 2 out of their entire library.

563821-115-1517_IMG1.jpg

563821-115-1517_IMG1.jpg.897fcf4c0bdbe5a35d17e13992212f76.jpg

There was this one issue in the shock series that had a really weird type of art technique to the cover. I rarely see it for sale. I'll dig it up and post it if I can find it this weekend.

Do you mean this one? Shock V.3 #4

shockv3-4.jpg

Jim

You know what?...I just might have to take that back about Nightmare #3 having the Best Boris cover of the Skywald runs. I completely forgot about Psycho #3, which has that amazing Frankenstien cover, wow is all that I can say when I look at it.

What do you guys think? Nightmare #2, #3 or Psycho #3 as the best Boris cover?

563830-115-1559_IMG2.jpg

563830-115-1559_IMG2.jpg.c708f9c0e674c5b1d03976c6e5a3edf3.jpg

Shiver, I forgot all about that Psycho Issue. Man Tough Call. That is an awesome cover. I have NO IDEA how Boris paints those demons in the background simply amazing. That cover and Weird Tales of the Macabre #2 both have that awesome demon rising from the flames background. Take a good look at that WTOTM cover, and look at the lady on the stakes neck. Boris put some amazing veins in her neck, it looks like she is just about to conceive the devil.

Vampire Tales #4! Yeah...Blood in the snow. I seriously cannot believe the lack of awareness of these books. Recently picked up a Straight NM 9.4 copy of that book for only $10!!!!! I love that cover too. I think that one of my favorite of the Vampire Tales series is #3 where Morbieus is covering that girls mouth, and there is a group of cloaked creatures approaching in the woods. Amazing use of purples and dark colors on that one.

Yes that Ghoul Tales is nearly non-existent as far as I know. 3 years+ of looking have only tracked down one copy, and I couldn't pass it up.

Those Aussies created some cool stuff. Nice find with that Scream #4. I noticed some of the other covers in the classic magazine thread which I have seen before. I also know that there were some Rare UK Psycho Covers. Some of which had all new art that was in the same Skywald fashion. I let a couple of those slip between my fingers online.

i only have wtotm #1 sorry.gif

As a kid in around 1983 my local shop had all those vampire tales for a buck a piece, so i have an extra warm spot for those! To me as a 10 year old, those Morbius tales were pretty titilating! then i found Warren's, and well, they were even more so since they didn't shy away from nudity blush.gif27_laughing.gif

Here one of the most depraved eerie covers in my mind, its just so slobberingly sexually deviant...

563851-weirdv4n4.jpg

563851-weirdv4n4.jpg.cb67e182b988152e3e125a896d99293d.jpg

Man the 80's were the good ole days. Haha, a buck a peice!

Yes I know exactly what you mean with that Weird Aug. 70' Cover. You could call that a "headlights" cover right? popcorn.gif

I kinda like that Vampire/Ghoul's Sideburns he wears them well insane.gif

This Weird May 69' cover is one of the most bizzare ones that I have ever seen. It has first of all one of the most goofiest covers with the creep pack in the back holding "down with voilence" signs, then you have a dude with a head on top of his own head (upside down mind you) and still squirting out of the jugular. With a totally ravaged woman. I do not know if I have seen a more gruesome degrading cover. Geez, slit throat, and you can see the bone in her decapitated right arm!

Haha, these books are soo crazy that they are cool.

563871-115-1578_IMG.JPG

563871-115-1578_IMG.JPG.94155dd13a35d6c580c86d67245c603a.JPG

27_laughing.gif that does look like Shelley Winters!

You know i never noticed how tight that guys hair was! Very 1960's Carnaby street!

that weird is probably #1 on my eerie list, i have not been able to find one. What a cover!

this one is not as nice, but since i am logged on.... I like hopw he green headed guy looks like he is about to dive

563906-witchestalesv1n7.jpg

563906-witchestalesv1n7.jpg.3cfc6da543d4d39449aaebf0ef4c7a77.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Shiver, great book (Witches Tales first issue)! Now that is a book that I have been looking for FOREVER. And still have not been able to get one in my price range. Some low grade copies have surfaced online, but the prices for them were being fetched very high.

AHAHAHA! That Green dude better watch out this time around. Looks like he took a laceration to the melon at some point.

Yah I need to get me that book.

The curious thing about the majority of the Stanley covers is the lack of any story element to them. Look at any other publisher's covers and you can pretty much gather what's going on. With Stanley's, it depravity for depravity sake. No rhyme or reason to the covers other than to depict gore and that's it.

Gotta love them..... cloud9.gif

Jim