• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rockford pedigree stamp question please. And a possible "Pennsylvania

6 posts in this topic

Noticed a little stamp going through some Spy Smashers I'll be posting soon, this looks like a "Rockford" to me. The small "S" pic on the right is from the comic pedigree web site. Can any of you GA experts give me your opinions on this being a "Rockford' ?

I would appreciate any help on it.

Thanks

SM5.jpgSM51.jpg

SM52.jpgrockford_mark1.jpg

Thanks guys I appreciate the the confirmation on the Rockford.

I just found a possible "Pennsylvania" in the bunch. According to the comic pedigrees web site, the collection was primarily 41'-44' but I also see a WOW COMICS #47 published sep 46' as well with similar "P" in pencil. There seems to be a few variations of he "P" so this may prove difficult to to verify.

I have a HIT COMICS #43 published nov 46' and was wondering if this may be a "Pennsylvania" as well. See pics below. "P" pic at bottom from comic pedigree site.

Opinions and/or knowledge on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

ht43.jpg

ht431.jpg

ht432.jpgpenn_mark1.jpg

Nice job on the Rockford! I'm not sure about the other being a Pennsylvania copy. I asked the same question once and apparently it is kind of common to have a "P" written on the cover or a comic. I hope it turns out to be a Penn copy though. Nothing like finding a lost pedigree sitting in your boxes.

I found this Cosmic Aeroplane copy "in the wild".

BlueRibbonComics11FC.jpg[/img]