• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicconnect Feb Auction

357 posts in this topic

Anyone notice the high price on the Fighting Yank 13, btw? 750 for a 4.5 seemed...a little steep. (shrug) Really blazing reds on that copy though.

Classic cover (the Fighting Yank equivalent to Exciting 39)

Scarce (only 5 copies on census)

Front cover looks better than grade.

No surprise to me

I was pleasantly surprised to win this one at ~ 30 % less than the same copy sold for in April 2012.

USA4.jpg

killer book. congrats.

My vote for the scarcest Timely and you got it at a giveaway price :applause:

Anyone notice the high price on the Fighting Yank 13, btw? 750 for a 4.5 seemed...a little steep. (shrug) Really blazing reds on that copy though.

No surprise to me

I suppose it's just me then. I've got a 5.5. of the book that I bought on ebay in December for a hundred bucks and there was only one other bidder. If that book is commanding 750 in that grade, it's definitely a very recent phenomena.

No surprise to me

I suppose it's just me then. I've got a 5.5. of the book that I bought on ebay in December for a hundred bucks and there was only one other bidder. If that book is commanding 750 in that grade, it's definitely a very recent phenomena.

Sounds like you got a great deal - I don't recall seeing that one, otherwise there would've been 3 bidders. Metropolis listed a non-CGC 6.0 last November for $600. No longer listed so it presumably sold

A raw 5.0 sold on the boards a year ago for $260.

I was the seller of that copy.

I gave a nice deal, I guess.

I remember in your sales thread there were a few comments that it was a sweet price.

OK I'm a bit late to the after party but did I see that the MC#1 copy went for only $19K??? :o Someone got one heck of a deal on a very significant copy.

There were two people -- the same person under different names? -- actively talking it down. Don't know if that could have had an effect.

OK I'm a bit late to the after party but did I see that the MC#1 copy went for only $19K??? :o Someone got one heck of a deal on a very significant copy.

There were two people -- the same person under different names? -- actively talking it down. Don't know if that could have had an effect.

I somehow doubt that especially on these boards and especially when it comes to the GA collectors here. CC did post some interior pics after comments about the PQ were made and while they may have looked brownish along the edges, the interior pages look pretty decent. Besides, what it lacks in eye appeal is easily forgiven when you consider the history behind it. Could be the first copy ever printed! Defintely a book I'm going to try and track down in the future. :wishluck:

MCOctoberInterior_zpsa3af7782.jpg