• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graded

7 posts in this topic

But no grades

On the other hand - it is only business day #90, so that is 20 business days faster than my last submission on the 40 day tier.

Additionally - my other submission finally made it to Scheduled at only business day #71 - which is business days earlier than the previous submission.

Things are improving - even if we are getting a little hammered on our grades.

Good job CGC on improving turn around times - hopefully you can be close to 50-60 business days on the 40 day tiers before the season starts at Emerald City Comic Con.

Because I know I'm going to have submissions there.

I post grades when they show in a week or two.

Or not - if they really suck.

Happy Hunting!

Lee K

See more journals by Lee K

I've already selected six books - so I guess I'm over the 5 book limit...plus I still want to find a nice ONeil/Grell Green Lantern/Green Arrow or Flash with a Green Arrow/Green Lantern second story for Mike & Denny to sign.

But I don't think I'll have a big submission - eight or ten books.

Lee

I have to say in going to a Con the hardest thing for me is in how to limit myself. I always start with which artists, writer, or even editor I want to get a signature from and then look through my stuff to see what I have of them. At that point I'm usually trying to pick out my top 3 for a few but find myself never being able to with artists like Neal Adams, George Perez, and Michael Golden then top it off with writers like Chris Claremont, Larry Hama, and Gerry Conway, and oh by the way since I'm into Moderns the plethora of those guys who attend. I usually then find I'm cutting from what seems to be 100 down to maybe 10 or 20 and that's being nice with it.

I usually coordinate with an artist or two on a sketching which knocks 2 slots out but after that I have so much I want to have done and usually find myself counting pennies to make sure I can afford it. I think this is why I never really look to go to big Con's such as the ECCC. Don't get me wrong I would love to attend it. But if I saw that many artists were on a listing I would have no idea where to end it. Claremont and Adams alone would be more than 5. I don't know how some of you do it. I guess one of the biggest things to learn, self control...

i got a modern shipped back to me in 4 months, thats 2 months better than my last one. I just submitted a fast track of three moderns in january, my first try at fast tracking, and they are already on the way back!! It does seem to me that when you send in a modern you know is all 9.8 they will pick out one or two just for fun and give them a 9.6. :)

I wish they let you drop the books off with them for signatures, its impossible for me to stand around all day especially trying to run back and forth to get a witness. CGC should try and round up some guys to do an hour of signings exlusivly for cgc sumbissions before the show starts or something. that would be cool. and make it more worth the $35 charge. The other guys will get them for you if they are attending, which is pretty much only on the west.