• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2013 CONVENTION SEASON SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD!

2,497 posts in this topic

Also, I should have checked Mark Brook's and Frank Cho's facebook pages - :makepoint: They hung out in their hotel lobby signing and doing commissions! Well, that's what it seems from Frank's page...

I went to Larry's for an hour or so in the AM (I was the person_too_unaware_of_social_graces with the stroller!) and then to Comicazi. My little guy was tired and I seriously grabbed Seeley's contact info and ran out. Pax passed out by the time I backed out of my parking spot.

It took me 50 minutes to get to Larry's - 40 minutes (about) to Comicazi - 30 or so minutes to get back home. Not bad with a 15 month old solo (7:45a - 4:30p lol ). Plus I didn't bring any cash, comics, or anything to hold any comics :makepoint:

I will be at Larry's tomorrow to meet back up with David and Tim. Both are awesome, by the way - hadn't met the two of them. David has been getting back to me via email and Tim actually texted me. They both told me they didn't have time to do commissions back home, so let's work something out this weekend. Cool guys!

Friendly Neighborhood is a great shop with an outstanding owner. Easily one of, if not the nicest, shop owner in MA. I think I saw you WH, I was the one with the 10 month old strapped to my chest that EBAS drew a Bat-Man for in his sketch book.

So this is what happened last few days. I got on Frank Cho's commission list, and drew me a savage land rogue. He emailed me friday to ask what to do since this was before the lift on boston. I said I would pick it up at heroes, and he was cool with that. Few hours later they found the guy, and I send an updated email to Frank that I was planning on coming up since I also wanted Nick Bradshaw to add a character for my recreation. Got to the hotel, and Frank wasnt there. Sigh. So I went to friendly neighborhood comics cause ebas and nick were gonna be there. I wish CGC was there..haha Nick pumped out three sketch covers for this one guy and my character. They were awesome to talk to, and very different feel from a con, which was great. Anyways, this isnt a sketch cover, but since I mostly stay in the SS Room, Ill post what they did for me:

IMG_1141_zps055fa2a3.jpg

Nick and Mike(Ebas' art dealer) were talking about a commission that Frank was doing, and I was like Savage land Rogue? They were like yes!,dude it was ridic. So now Im really excited to see how it looks since I saw Brooks posted a pic of the Poison Ivy that he did.