• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Carter: Warlord of Mars...a question about cost

10 posts in this topic

I'm curious if anyone could tell me what I could expect to pay for the Marvel John Carter books from the 70s.

I'm interested in high grade raw copies so I can actually read and enjoy, but I'm also considering trying to put the whole set together in professionally graded 9.8 copies.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm still new into looking for these books that were around when I was a wee lad.

You should be able to get them for pennies. If not pennies then maybe dimes or quarters. #18 might be more expensive.

Extremely high grade copies might be tough, but at the price they'll be selling for you could buy a bunch until you found ones that worked.

Perhaps another question could be where do I buy them?

Is ebay the best route? My local shop is Mile High Comics, and outside of sales they have, they are a tad expensive.

I have the whole run. Yours for essentially nothing. PM me and we'll figure something out.

Is ebay the best route? My local shop is Mile High Comics, and outside of sales they have, they are a tad expensive.

I have the whole run. Yours for essentially nothing. PM me and we'll figure something out.

Wow, essentially nothing. I like the sounds of that. laugh.gif

I've sent you a PM.

Thanks.

What's this? 893whatthe.gif Why it's a blow to the forum haters grin.gif

It's great seeing the good contacts and communications available on the forum.

I'd offer my run of John Carter's, but they are only VFs(picked from the quarter bins over the years).

Wow, essentially nothing. I like the sounds of that. laugh.gif

I've sent you a PM.

Thanks.

OS Guide is $9 for 1 and 18, $4 for 2-17, 19-28 and annuals 1-3, making full OS guide $134. How about 80% off? $35 including shipping. Figure they're all in the solid VF range. I do have to find them though, as Mrs. Donut is on a Home Improvement Binge and I've moved stuff all over the house.

I enjoyed that series at the time and also the Tarzan one, which if anything is probably even better. It's great reading primarily non-superhero books as they are so cheap in comparison. thumbsup2.gif