• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM PPSSM #64

6 posts in this topic

@matchstick johnny: This issue has been one of the first book I saw in a period where we no longer had Marvel comics in Italy (1983-1987). I looked at the covers of those american original comic books and asked myself: "Wow, who are Cloak & Dagger?". Then, in 1986, I purchased my first comics in original edition and… everything changed. :)

Of course, we restarted to have domestic editions around 1987, but this book to me will be always tied with mystery and "what has happened while I was away?", as much as a Defenders issue I can’t figure out (secondary characters were killed by a mysterious elf, and I have yet to read my Defenders collection in full to discover! :D ).

Besides this, there is also the thing that I was honored to receive a praise directly from Ed Hannigan (artists on those awesome early Cloak & Dagger) as I did a very positive review of his 1991 series "Skull & Bones" on my fanzine.

For some reason, he got a copy in the States (!) and wrote me to thank me.

Now Ed suffers from multiple sclerosis, I am so sorry for him. :(