• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite 1970s comic-related tv series.

38 posts in this topic

What's your fave 1970s tv series (non-rerun) & why? It may or may not be comic bk related, although MAD & Cracked mag spoofed them all. MASH, 6 Million $ Man, Bionic Woman, Charlie's Angels, Battlestar Galactica, Dallas, Dynasty, Incred Hulk, Greatest American Hero, NWA, WWF.

......my favourite 70's tv show was kung fu, not actually comic related, but at the time i was reading any martial arts books i could find..............master of kung fu, iron fist etc.............. cool.gif

.......still love that genre........... grin.gif

..........HIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEAAAAH!!!

Jo, u should try to find a series of British mags that had 8 pg Bionic woman stories w/ painted art by John Bolton. Forgot the title of the series now.

I liked Man fr Atlantis (Patrick Duffy pre-Dallas) & Battlestar Galactica (very popular in UK) smile.gif w/ Canadian Lorne Greene as Comm. Adama, Starbuck (Dirk Benedict pre-A team), Capt Apollo (Richard Hatch not Survivor 1), Sheba, Cassiopeia, Daggit.

Also enjoyed Gil Gerard in Buck Rogers 25th Century w/ Ming Merciless.

Did NOT like Planet of Apes tv series. Weak compared to 1st 3 movies.

Scott, don't forget the Partridge Family (Charlton) & Brady Bunch. Family oriented. Also Happy Days (Gold Key photocovers), Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy, Welcome Back Kotter (DC) fun 70s shows.

What? No feedback fr rasslin' fans: WWF vs NWA (Ric Flair, 4 Horsemen, Lex Lugor, Sting, Ricky Dragon Steamboat).

When I was a kid in the 70's my parents lived on the Belgian coast I was lucky enough to be able to pick up the BBC with a HUGE antenna, so I got to see most of the US shows while the rest of Europe were lagging years behind and then got French or German dubbed versions...

I loved the original Muppets series, Mork & Mindy, Buck Rogers and of course Battlestar Galactica which was indeed HUGE in Europe.

Oh and Odin88, Ming was a Flash Gordon character NOT a Buck had the rather lovely Princes Ardala. Another nice tid-bit is that the voice of the robot Twiki was provided by voice-master supreme Mel Blanc (Porky Pig, Daffy Duck, Woody Woodpecker, Bugs Bunny...)

And yes the bionic woman was featured in the Brit teen-mag Look-In which had strips of the then popular TV-shows

Up until that episode of the X-Files ("Home", about the incestuous hillbillies) the thing that was the scariest on TV to me was "The Zombie" episode of The Night Stalker! When Kolchak was stuck in that car trying to sew the zombie's mouth shut and suddenly the eyes open up, man, that was spooky!

I hate to admit it, but I think the incestuous hillbillies X-files was shot in Vancouver, Canada.

In the late 70s, Star Blazers (Comico Comics) was being broadcast in the great white north. I still get excited imagining the Wave Motion Gun being fired by Starbuck against Leader Desslok of the Gamillons. Their were very few episodes of Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets-Gold Key) shown in Canada during that time.

Gotta say the Six Million Dollar Man was pretty cool at that time as was original Star Trek series. Other notable mentions also for Happy Days, Mork & Mindy, Spider-Man, Man From Atlantis, Invisible Man, Gemini Man etc. smile.gif

Eh Greggy, why no mention of The Love Boat or Hart To Hart? tongue.gif