• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Platinum Age Orphan Annie #5, Never Say Die - 1930

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I just recently bought several hard cover comics (strip collections) at an antique store. They seem in good condition, especially compared to other books of the era, but I have no idea how to grade these books compared to "normal" comics.

I've only got the dust jacket for one of them. According to the OSPG, that either adds 50% to the value (i.e. value=150%), or not having a dust jacket will take away 50% of the value for a given grade (depending on which entry for the Cupples and Leon books you reference)

Without fail, the interiors are nearly perfect, white pages and crisp corners. The only damage is to the covers.

I'm going to list them one at a time, in separate threads.

I would say in the G/VG range for this, mostly because the bottom right corner is bad.

Have a look at the PGM requests I posted: I inquired for different formats as well, as I would like to develop a method to apply the CGC or american criteria used for comic books to other formats (in Italy we have always had any possible kind of format, since the 1920s-1930s).

Regardless of condition, still a nice find. "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine! Ovaltine! A crummy commercial! Son of a *spoon*!" Yea, I know Christmas is over, but Ralphies quest for the Official Red Ryder 200 shot range model air rifle is one of my favorite flicks.