• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watching Daredevil: The Director's Cut, and...

46 posts in this topic

It's much better. The added subplot helps. Wish they would get rid of that damn playground scene...

that is what made me want to vomit...

it was the worst scene in all of comic book movies IMHO.

:tonofbricks:

.....it was until Tobey did all the 'infected/Venom' dancing in Spidey 3

Other than the playground scene, I thought the DD movie was better than many other superhero movies.

DD Directors Cut is much better then the theatrical release, however the film is still mediocre. Colin Farrell is a joke and Ben Affleck is wooden.

The rights of this character need to go back to Marvel and this character severely needs to be rebooted in line with the likes of Iron Man & Thor.

As much as everyone like to bash DD for being bad Batman and Robin was still way worse. There's not a single redeeming thing about that film.

Batgirl.

Come on. Her performance was horrible and the way they brought her into the story was just dumb. :slapfight:

As much as everyone like to bash DD for being bad Batman and Robin was still way worse. There's not a single redeeming thing about that film.

Batgirl.

Come on. Her performance was horrible and the way they brought her into the story was just dumb. :slapfight:

Who's bothered about her performance. lol

Batgirl.

That's another thing I don't get, I never thought she was all that attractive. I'm not saying she's hideous but IMO no higher than a 6 or 7 on a 10 scale. (shrug)

Batgirl.

That's another thing I don't get, I never thought she was all that attractive. I'm not saying she's hideous but IMO no higher than a 6 or 7 on a 10 scale. (shrug)

lol

I've wondered the same about Jennifer Garner!

Batgirl.

lol

I've wondered the same about Jennifer Garner!

+1 I'm with you on that as well.

I dunno about DD being better. Haven't seen the Directors but, but the theatrical version was pretty bad.

That said, the first Batman was decent, the second great, and the last was terrible.

So I guess it's possible to be better than the 1st and 3rd.

I dunno about DD being better. Haven't seen the Directors but, but the theatrical version was pretty bad.

That said, the first Batman was decent, the second great, and the last was terrible.

We were referencing the franchise that started in 1989 not the most recent Batman movies. :makepoint:

We were referencing the franchise that started in 1989 not the most recent Batman movies. :makepoint:

Ha!

Well, my assertion stands, but yes, you are definitely right about the old series. The first one was the only "decent" one, and it still holds up, imho. Keaton was a good Bruce Wayne imho.

I still haven't seen the Director's cut... though all I've heard are good things (relative to the theatrical release of course).

I'm still scared :(

The Director's Cut is fine on TV. Didn't think much of the original version at the cinema.

Ha!

Well, my assertion stands, but yes, you are definitely right about the old series. The first one was the only "decent" one, and it still holds up, imho. Keaton was a good Bruce Wayne imho.

Loved Keaton, Kilmer and Clooney not so much.

Ha!

Keaton was a good Batman/Bruce Wayne, however I didn’t give a spoon about the Bruce Wayne character. That’s what Nolan got right and Burton got wrong.

Ha!

Loved Keaton, Kilmer and Clooney not so much.

Clooney was awful, he never changed his voice while wearing the Bat suit and his head kept wobbling.

I've seen DD once, and I have a hard time remembering it - and I figured I'd keep it that way. Is the directors cut so much better that it makes it a *good* movie? Because if it's only a bit better, I don't think I'll risk my braincells.