• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Amazing Spider-Man 2' adding super-villain The Rhino

82 posts in this topic

And I'm still confused on this Emma Stone is a great actress thing. She seems more like the Meg Ryan of this generation.

Did I miss some outstanding performance by her in a movie?

Comic fans: Just because you wish you could bone somebody, does not make them a great actress.

I don't get why so many people think Emma Stone is so incredibly hot. Not saying she's a dog in any sense, but the way some guys go gaga over her just baffles me.

Haha, the funny thing is Emma herself has said that she's just the girl next door. Not some type of model or anything like that. But I think people find her personality to be what makes her attractive, not her appearance.

I'm all for a Sinister six movie.

I just don't see how Hollywood could pull that off.

They can rarely pull off the "more than one villain" movie I just don't see how they could do the "more than 5 villains" movie :P

They can rarely pull off the "more than one villain" movie I just don't see how they could do the "more than 5 villains" movie :P

Spider-man 3 made 890 millions.

I don't think anything stops them to make them think.

I know this is a bit off topic (I love the Rhino and love Paul Giamatti but feel they'll probably screw it up) but feel I have to give my vote as a mid 30's relatively young but living in the past Spidey fan to the earlier movies.

I'm kind of big original series Amazing /Peter Parker and the Spectacular /Web of Spider-Man fan trying to step into the present but it's been really hard for me getting past issue 380-something. I stopped reading/collecting after the clone sage. As with the Highlander 2 movie, I'd like to pretend the whole Ben Reily clone saga never happened and now trying to come to grips with Dr. Octopus becoming Spider-man. Just when I thought it was safe to get back into Spider-Man after having been away so long I now find out they jumped the shark again by killing off his brain and putting Dr. Oc in his body! Really? Oh brother. God forbid they put that in the theaters.

The thing that made me such a loyal Spidey fan was Peter Parker, not Spider-Man. I was really invested in his growth, development, maturity (or lack thereof), his never-give-up attitude and, one day, his eventual outgrowing of Spider-man leading to perhaps his eventual retirement/death (both body and mind) or passing on of the mantle to his offspring or another potential Spider-Man that Marvel comes up with.

I also don't see the comparison of the Raimi films and the Garfield film as 'classic' against 'ultimate' Spidey. In the Raimi films, Peter secretes web fluid to shoot webs; in the Garfield film, they go back to the Lee/Ditko idea of the web-shooter devised by a genius high school student. The Garfield film also has the character heckling his adversaries, which the Raimi films didn't do enough of. I would view the Garfield film more Lee/Ditko-esque (certainly 'classic'), while the Raimi films more of a Lee/Ditko/Romita/McFarlane amalgamation (classic and copper).

Have you read Ultimate Spider-man 1-10?

Yes. I've also read ASM #1 to #328. Have you?

Geek fight!

geek-fight.jpg

Anyway, I guess my problem with the new movies is I was hoping for some continuity and show other popular villains. Now I have to start all over and get used to a new cast of characters and they have to cycle through the same old villains again to introduce the newer ones.

My votes are kinda split between the old and new movies however.

1. The original 2 Raimi movies get my vote overall.

2. Initially I didn't like Toby cast as Peter but I like his dorky, tortured portrayal as Peter way better than Garfield. Peter is supposed to be an outcast nerdy geek and a tortured soul faced with the ultimate burden of the guilt of his powers and its affect on his life. Garfield looks way too cool and attractive compared to Toby's geek. In the real world he'd be more popular than the jocks and seemed mostly aloof in the movie. Hard to buy his plight and feel sorry for him.

3. I did like that they brought back Peter's intelligence in ASM allowing Garfield's Peter to invent/build his web shooters.

4. I loved that they started with Gwen Stacey instead of MJ (Kirsten was horrible) and Emma Stone is a great portrayal of a modern Gwen.

5. I agree with a previous poster's assessment of May and Ben Parker cast actors in ASM. I love Martin Sheen and Sally Fields as actors but the Raimi Ben and May actors portrayed a much better and white-haired elderly Original Spider-Man Ben and May than what must be a newer Ultimate version of Ben and May. I was clearly able to identify more with them and feel the loss and pain for Peter in those movies than in the newer ones.

6. I loved that they used the Lizard but thought his face was goofy and not at all threatening enough.

7. I loved the wrestling fight scene in the first Spider-Man

8. Tired of seeing Green Goblin over and over again. I know he's the Arch nemesis but there's so many others to choose from.

9. Electro as a villian is pretty weak unless they really Hollywood him out.

10. Lack of Bruce Campbell cameo appearances. That one pretty much tips the scales in favor of the original 3 movies. BRING BACK BRUCE!!!!

My votes for the next Supervillian would be.

1. Kraven/Tombstone assassination plot with a Spider-Slayer appearance

2. Scorpion (+ Rhino would be an interesting combination) with a Kingpin Cameo and Black Cat team up (maybe that's what they're doing here with Electro)

3. Morbius/Venom

4. Carnage but only after following the introduction and spawn of Venom

5. Mysterio/Vulture/Dr. Octopus

Sigh...I'll probably still go pay and watch whatever swill they pump out and call Amazing Spider-Man 2 at the box office just because I'm a loyal fan and remember what it was like waiting for the first Spider-Man movie to come out so I'm happy that they are making them at all.

Spider-man turn off the dark had the Sinister Six, AND Green Goblin...

And yeah they didn't really pull it off...

If they can make a successful Avengers movie, banding together a group of heroes then they can make a successful Sinister Six movie, banding together a group of Villains. It would have to be about the Villains moreso than about Spidey, but it could be done.

If they can make a successful Avengers movie, banding together a group of heroes then they can make a successful Sinister Six movie, banding together a group of Villains. It would have to be about the Villains moreso than about Spidey, but it could be done.

+1

+1

The more I think about it the more I think about how brilliant this would be. It would be an antihero movie with Spidey being incidental in the story line and the real focus being the interaction of the villains and their personalities.

It would still be tough. Avengers had already introduced and established all the heroes. Sinister Six would have to re-intro the Goblin and Doc Ock, and then intro 4 more villains. Its alot to pack in to one movie. I think that it would be a fantastic concept down the line, especially if Marvel ever gets back the character. But I think you have to do it, 4 or 5 movies in.

Kraven would be great.

Scorpion okay.

Electro could be okay.

Mysterio could be pretty cool, but might be hard to cast as a serious threat.

Would like to see a Spider-slayer robot.

Also would like to see the Vulture, but maybe not an old fart. If they are going to change everything up anyway, you might as well make him a reasonable age.

And would loooove to see the Molten Man.

It would still be tough. Avengers had already introduced and established all the heroes. Sinister Six would have to re-intro the Goblin and Doc Ock, and then intro 4 more villains. Its alot to pack in to one movie. I think that it would be a fantastic concept down the line, especially if Marvel ever gets back the character. But I think you have to do it, 4 or 5 movies in.

Kraven would be great.

Scorpion okay.

Electro could be okay.

Also would like to see the Vulture, but maybe not an old fart. If they are going to change everything up anyway, you might as well make him a reasonable age.

What you never saw a Six Flags commercial? Put a Vulture costume on that old dancing fart and you'll pack the house.

+1

The more I think about it the more I think about how brilliant this would be. It would be an antihero movie with Spidey being incidental in the story line and the real focus being the interaction of the villains and their personalities.

I honestly think this would be a fantastic story line, the interaction between the villains and their inability to get past their own agendas is what made these stories so great.

Kraven would be great.

Scorpion okay.

Electro could be okay.

Ultimate universe Mysterio was a total bad- (even if revealed as an android). Him throwing Kingpin out the window was awesome.

I agree with the vulture too but would want to see the latest barfing vulture even less. :sick:

And I'm still confused on this Emma Stone is a great actress thing. She seems more like the Meg Ryan of this generation.

Did I miss some outstanding performance by her in a movie?

Comic fans: Just because you wish you could bone somebody, does not make them a great actress.

I don't get why so many people think Emma Stone is so incredibly hot. Not saying she's a dog in any sense, but the way some guys go gaga over her just baffles me.

I don't get it either...

tumblr_m61wtiaqI71rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Anyway, I guess my problem with the new movies is I was hoping for some continuity and show other popular villains. Now I have to start all over and get used to a new cast of characters and they have to cycle through the same old villains again to introduce the newer ones.

My votes are kinda split between the old and new movies however.

1. The original 2 Raimi movies get my vote overall.

2. Initially I didn't like Toby cast as Peter but I like his dorky, tortured portrayal as Peter way better than Garfield. Peter is supposed to be an outcast nerdy geek and a tortured soul faced with the ultimate burden of the guilt of his powers and its affect on his life. Garfield looks way too cool and attractive compared to Toby's geek. In the real world he'd be more popular than the jocks and seemed mostly aloof in the movie. Hard to buy his plight and feel sorry for him.

3. I did like that they brought back Peter's intelligence in ASM allowing Garfield's Peter to invent/build his web shooters.

4. I loved that they started with Gwen Stacey instead of MJ (Kirsten was horrible) and Emma Stone is a great portrayal of a modern Gwen.

5. I agree with a previous poster's assessment of May and Ben Parker cast actors in ASM. I love Martin Sheen and Sally Fields as actors but the Raimi Ben and May actors portrayed a much better and white-haired elderly Original Spider-Man Ben and May than what must be a newer Ultimate version of Ben and May. I was clearly able to identify more with them and feel the loss and pain for Peter in those movies than in the newer ones.

6. I loved that they used the Lizard but thought his face was goofy and not at all threatening enough.

7. I loved the wrestling fight scene in the first Spider-Man

8. Tired of seeing Green Goblin over and over again. I know he's the Arch nemesis but there's so many others to choose from.

9. Electro as a villian is pretty weak unless they really Hollywood him out.

10. Lack of Bruce Campbell cameo appearances. That one pretty much tips the scales in favor of the original 3 movies. BRING BACK BRUCE!!!!

My votes for the next Supervillian would be.

1. Kraven/Tombstone assassination plot with a Spider-Slayer appearance

2. Scorpion (+ Rhino would be an interesting combination) with a Kingpin Cameo and Black Cat team up (maybe that's what they're doing here with Electro)

3. Morbius/Venom

4. Carnage but only after following the introduction and spawn of Venom

5. Mysterio/Vulture/Dr. Octopus

Sigh...I'll probably still go pay and watch whatever swill they pump out and call Amazing Spider-Man 2 at the box office just because I'm a loyal fan and remember what it was like waiting for the first Spider-Man movie to come out so I'm happy that they are making them at all.

I never much cared for the Kraven character in the comics, but yeah, I could see that as a cool movie nemesis for sure.

Kraven would be great.

Scorpion okay.

Electro could be okay.

THAT could be really cool.

I totally agree. I could never figure out why Marvel wouldn't start off each movie (especially a Spider-Man film) with the ending of another adventure (much in the way a lot of James Bond movies did). You could have Spidey beating the Rhino (or any other villain) in a spectacular fight scene without having to worry about the how or why (and use this scene to test the water for future appearances of any given villain). That would be awesome.