• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Invincible 100 Spec

19 posts in this topic

From Kirkman...

Guarding the Globe which is on issue 5 is ending and turning into Invincible Universe.

And it's expanding, as "Guarding the Globe" is becoming "Invincible Universe." How much of a guiding force are you for that book? Are you working closely with Phil Hester?

Storing all 100 issues of "Invincible" on his iPad allows Kirkman to keep track of every character in the series

Sean Mackiewicz is the editor; I would probably be the story editor. I go over Phil's plots. From time to time, I'll say "Hey, this is a thing I intended to do in 'Invincible' but I never got around to it." A lot of the things you'll be getting in that book, and have been getting in "Guarding the Globe" thus far, are things that I always meant to get around to in "Invincible," but because of the different storylines and everything going on, we just didn't have room for it. It is a cool way to get more Invincible stories.

As far as the switch from "Guarding the Globe" to "Invincible Universe," coming out of "Invincible" #100, it changes the world in such a way that having a separate book that just focuses on the Guardians of the Globe didn't really seem like the right thing to do. There's a lot of different characters and a lot of different things in play.

Also, we didn't want to be beholden to telling stories about that team at all times. There's a lot of different corners of the Invincible Universe that either don't involve the Guardians of the Globe or don't involve multiple members of that team, so this is a cool way to do a series that's a much truer sister book to the "Invincible" series. We can have an issue that just focuses on Cecil and gives you some pertinent information about him and who he is and what his deal is in a way that we never really had room to do in the "Invincible" series. I think it's going to be a really cool book and Phil and Todd are really kicking butt on it.

I am reading this series in tpb format and am way behind. I flicked through #100 today in the shop and was very impressed at how much the art has gradually improved throughout the run.

I liked the art anyway, but it is even better now. I'm Looking forward to getting caught up on this title.

I'd say you could start here if you wanted to but I'd still highly recommend starting with #1 as you'd be missing out on some crazy moments. At the very least go back and read the first 3-4 trades. I can almost guarantee if you do you won't stop.

I don't think it would take you that long as I find Invincible to be an easy read.

One day these comics will be worth so much! The most under rated title in comics and Robert Kirkman's best work.

+1

I wouldn't be surprised if Invincible is the next "Walking Dead" in terms of value.

1. The story is great.

2. The art is great.

3. Long ongoing series that has proven it's not a flash in the pan.

4. It already has a following of loyal fans (It's personally my favorite comic)

5. Invinicble #1 CGC 9.8 is already a $400 book WITHOUT any movie/TV show hype at all. Just on it's own merits. How much was WD #1 CGC 9.8 before the TV show? About $300 to $400.

If it ever does get a movie/TV show.... hm

I don't see that happening soon, but once the Walking Dead TV shows ends, I see Kirkman doing an Invincible movie. It's his other baby so to speak, and he'll want to continue doing Hollywood stuff after WD ends. He's got that itch, and knows how successful it can be. Plus, studios will want his next project. 2c