• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

Yeah, the covers are good for this series.

I like #1, 2nd print as well.

I have no idea why publishers don't approach him just to do covers, variants, whatever. He really is one of the best in the biz.

:hi: Ken... reading #3 tonight (thumbs u

I just picked up a Todd #1 9.8 first print in a private sale. I also like the fact that there's no variants other than the second print cover and very happy that this series is being extended past the 4th issue.

NICE!!!

BUT, without a photo...didn't happen senor. :P

Ha, I don't disagree. Just purchased it this week so it's still making it's way through the mail. Should arrive by tomorrow according to tracking estimates at which time I'll be happy to post a photo.

It came earlier than expected. :grin: Sorry for the glare on the photo.

0b1e6a18-89ad-462a-b00c-87ef189afa7a_zps46ede0a9.jpg

I just picked up a Todd #1 9.8 first print in a private sale. I also like the fact that there's no variants other than the second print cover and very happy that this series is being extended past the 4th issue.

NICE!!!

BUT, without a photo...didn't happen senor. :P

Ha, I don't disagree. Just purchased it this week so it's still making it's way through the mail. Should arrive by tomorrow according to tracking estimates at which time I'll be happy to post a photo.

It came earlier than expected. :grin: Sorry for the glare on the photo.

0b1e6a18-89ad-462a-b00c-87ef189afa7a_zps46ede0a9.jpg

Bad pic..nice purchase..great decision. (worship)

T2-2ndprinting-Cover_zpsadbb0f44.jpg

Here's another eyegasm...

TODD -- cover of issue #2 (2nd printing), in stores March 27th. Next week!

Atta boy M.K.

Looking at that battle ax....scaryyyyy. Shiny as all get out REAL SHARP looking. M.K. "seems" just as much inspired by "painting" his artwork as he is penciling it. Tenebrism master in the making if not all ready. Sixth Gun Colorist Crabtree has those abilities/technique as well producing "drama" and visual excitement where some other pencilers or colorist just can't swing it. This comes natural for MK.

Not to mention his abilities in three dimensionality conveyance through amazing clothing rendering (specifically, but not limited to....draping).

Yes the STORY about TODD and company is amazing and unique..however I hope lovers of artwork also are experiencing the beauty between the covers. His style of artwork LOOKS like to requires quite a bit of time.

Edited by kayakkid

Kayakkid -- me likey your analysis and appreciation of MK's work.

I know he's an Eisner-nominated artist, but I still say he's waaaay under-appreciated in this business. But Todd is changing that!

Next week MK has a story in the Vertigo anthology entitled TIME WARP. So on March 27th while you're picking up TODD #2 (2nd Print) you can also grab TIME WARP.

More about it here:

http://www.vertigocomics.com/comics/time-warp-2013/time-warp-1

You know, I was looking at MK's work. Now I am wondering what %.... if any... is digitally rendered, Ken? Thought I'd take a step back and not assume how the art is actually rendered and I'd be lying if I said I know of other work MK has completed. I'm new to his art.

You know, I was looking at MK's work. Now I am wondering what %.... if any... is digitally rendered, Ken? Thought I'd take a step back and not assume how the art is actually rendered and I'd be lying if I said I know of other work MK has completed. I'm new to his art.

Everything his pencilled and inked in the old-school traditional way. All colors are digital.

MK is most famous for co-creating the Vertigo series AIR -- in which he used a completely different style of art than he does on TODD. That's the series he was Eisner nominated for. Check out AIR here (again, AMAZING covers):

http://www.vertigocomics.com/comics/air-2008

I can tell you more about him and introduce you to his illustrations in the New York Times, if you're interested. In addition to comics he's a top magazine and newspaper illustrator.

Just got back from St. Louis Wizard Con. Not an issue to be found anywhere and I looked. Some dealers/stores told me that sold out initially and have sold out of 2nd prints as well. Others told me they never ordered it which I can believe based on print runs. Guess its better then seeing them everywhere like I saw other books. Its a double edge sword. Too much or too little.

TBP hit it on the head. I love that 2nd Print of issue 2 so creative and it probably didn't take him too long because he didn't have to change a lot.

Did anyone find #3 sad?

Both of Todd's parents seem desperately unhappy people.

Still funny though - blanket party - ha,ha

Ivan -- your statement makes us feel like we accomplished what we set out to do. We love stories where you're rooting against a character when you meet them, and then several issues later you find yourself feeling empathy for those same characters. Not that you like them, necessarily, but that you feel for them. That's what we were trying to do with Todd's parents. Like a lot of married couples (a lot of people for that matter) they are lost souls. And a child pays the price. Or in Todd's case, embraces the price and hugs the mess out of it.

Well mission accomplished then mate!

So much to applaud about this book Ken.

Probably the book I read before all others, including Revival, Bedlam, Saga, PP, ToT, Harbinger, MHP, Hawkeye et al. LOVING THIS SO MUCH - but not looking forward to the hiatus(booooo)

The delicious naivety of Todd, which also makes him incredibly sweet; the relentless and disturbing pursuit by the father of a washed out celebrity; the mother seeking solace in the arms of anyone who'll show the merest bit of attention; the interplay between Todd and the biggest, baddest MoFo in the prison(holding hands - HA!); the cop discovering the identity of a serial killer because the serial killer had ran out of T.P(GENIUS!!!!); awesome artwork and genuine laugh out loud moments.

I just wonder if we will ever have an unveiling of Todd's face?(probably not)

From the deepest, sincerest bottom of my heart (and this isn't creeping AT ALL), I would just like to say a massive thankyou to you and your completely awesome team.

THANK YOU.

Well mission accomplished then mate!

So much to applaud about this book Ken.

Probably the book I read before all others, including Revival, Bedlam, Saga, PP, ToT, Harbinger, MHP, Hawkeye et al. LOVING THIS SO MUCH - but not looking forward to the hiatus(booooo)

The delicious naivety of Todd, which also makes him incredibly sweet; the relentless and disturbing pursuit by the father of a washed out celebrity; the mother seeking solace in the arms of anyone who'll show the merest bit of attention; the interplay between Todd and the biggest, baddest MoFo in the prison(holding hands - HA!); the cop discovering the identity of a serial killer because the serial killer had ran out of T.P(GENIUS!!!!); awesome artwork and genuine laugh out loud moments.

I just wonder if we will ever have an unveiling of Todd's face?(probably not)

From the deepest, sincerest bottom of my heart (and this isn't creeping AT ALL), I would just like to say a massive thankyou to you and your completely awesome team.

THANK YOU.