• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

Well mission accomplished then mate!

So much to applaud about this book Ken.

Probably the book I read before all others, including Revival, Bedlam, Saga, PP, ToT, Harbinger, MHP, Hawkeye et al. LOVING THIS SO MUCH - but not looking forward to the hiatus(booooo)

The delicious naivety of Todd, which also makes him incredibly sweet; the relentless and disturbing pursuit by the father of a washed out celebrity; the mother seeking solace in the arms of anyone who'll show the merest bit of attention; the interplay between Todd and the biggest, baddest MoFo in the prison(holding hands - HA!); the cop discovering the identity of a serial killer because the serial killer had ran out of T.P(GENIUS!!!!); awesome artwork and genuine laugh out loud moments.

I just wonder if we will ever have an unveiling of Todd's face?(probably not)

From the deepest, sincerest bottom of my heart (and this isn't creeping AT ALL), I would just like to say a massive thankyou to you and your completely awesome team.

THANK YOU.

Ivan, you have amazing writing skills and should be in the business! I couldn't agree with you more about what you said about being saddened...but in a good way...if that's possible. We know that was the partial intent/objective of #3. This isnt action superhereos sipping their latest venom cocktail (though I like that genre as well and grew up with Spidey and Hulk!)...the material in TODD get me thinking/feeling a bit with each issue.

OK, need to take a break from the boards and get some work done.

OH yeah, and I also like the 2nd printing cover even more that the initial release.

Although the 2nd print #1 may be hard to find at local comics shops, I think tfaw still hand some. ..and at cover no less. I preordered 2nd print #2 from them.

Edited by kayakkid

Never want to see Todd's face. Some teases and peeks are fine, but never ever want to see the face. It would have to be a reveal in the last issue only.

Wolverine went 20 years without an origin and did fine.

I tend to agree with this, but I'm interested to see what angle Ken decides to take as it relates to Todd's face.

I would think the irony of the title would dictate his appearance. It would seem he is surrounded by a lot of ugly people. The ugly in most people is inside.

I would think the irony of the title would dictate his appearance. It would seem he is surrounded by a lot of ugly people. The ugly in most people is inside.

That's a great observation.. I would rather that Todd's appearance never gets addressed

That's a great observation.. I would rather that Todd's appearance never gets addressed

I think this would add so much to the title and the enigma of the character. I find it hilarious and endears me to Todd that he is so clueless. He's the epitome of looking at the world through "rose colored glasses", assumes everyone is benevolent as himself.

I love the series so far and really hope it goes for a long time.

I think this would add so much to the title and the enigma of the character. I find it hilarious and endears me to Todd that he is so clueless. He's the epitome of looking at the world through "rose colored glasses", assumes everyone is benevolent as himself.

I love the series so far and really hope it goes for a long time.

THIS ABOVE

I don't ever want to see TODD's face...not because I couldn't stand the sight. lol

The other boardie has an interesting angle though about a last ish reveal..interesting...BUT..once..and if and when that happened..no going back really. If there ever was a lengthy hiatus after a last issue reveal...kind of changes things IF and when the creators came back and rebooted it.

We're getting ahead of ourselves. I like the direction and not knowing..check back with me after ish 100. By then I figure will have all kinds of TODD paraphenilia (sp)...TODD action figures, movie, full clothing line and action bag head, etc. :P

I just saw this in the New York Times and have to call it out. Pervez Musharaff gets one scene in TODD #3 and suddenly he thinks he's popular enough for a political comeback? http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/25/world/asia/pervez-musharraf-the-former-president-returns-to-pakistan.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130325&_r=0

From the deepest, sincerest bottom of my heart (and this isn't creeping AT ALL), I would just like to say a massive thankyou to you and your completely awesome team.

THANK YOU.

Ivan -- thank YOU. We are currently slaving away on issue #5! Issue #4 comes out April 17th -- not the 10th as previously advertised.

As for seeing Todd's face -- MK has a grand plan to do a one-of-a-kind art commission of Todd's face. But the caveat is.... the buyer will have to sign a non-disclosure agreement saying he/she will never show anyone the artwork (under penalty of death)...

THANK YOU.

Ivan -- thank YOU. We are currently slaving away on issue #5! Issue #4 comes out April 17th -- not the 10th as previously advertised.

As for seeing Todd's face -- MK has a grand plan to do a one-of-a-kind art commission of Todd's face. But the caveat is.... the buyer will have to sign a non-disclosure agreement saying he/she will never show anyone the artwork (under penalty of death)...

WoW.....will it be auctioned????

I see a series of "nesting doll" like bags being revealed. The shock thats shown by the serial killer is from the knowledge that his appearance is apparently so bad that his bag requires further bags.

Read #2 last night. (Yes, like fine wine.. I'm taking my time).

This is really a special book. You can see how much love and effort goes into each page. Keep it up Ken. (thumbs u

Will do! Thanks Awax!

Issue #2 2nd Printing comes out this week. Just in case you need another one...