• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

I think in the next arc he should be abducted by aliens....Todd the Ugliest Kid in the Galaxy.

Dudeeeeeeeeeeeee, I was going to actually send a PM to Ken on this. No joke. I just didn't. I for one dont want to cramp Ken's writing, believe me he doesnt need any help at all in his writing skills and imagination. So I stopped myself. But yeah, TODD being abducted would be insane..I mean hilarious!!

I've said it before, TODD is like the Peter Panzerfaust character...he could be dropped into many different types of situations, places, events, new relationships. Not a superhero with certain, specific super powers we're all completely aware of roaming around NY day in and day out (not that I don't like that also). OK, it's a VERY poor comparison, but you get my drift. No pigeon-holing with the TODD character.

Value wise am I the only one that thinks Todd=Chew ? Or at least they are starting out the same way...

I agree only I like Todd and never liked Chew and I tried hard it just didn't appeal to me.

My LCS owner a while back told me that this was the next Chew...he maybe was on to something hm

This is a title I look forward to reading every month since purchasing issue number one because of its cover art. I enjoy both the writing and art and will be reading this title for the long term.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Todd-Ugliest-Kid-Earth-1-CGC-9-8-/181108379891?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D163%26meid%3D6516517193887317105%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D1088%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D300878477166%26

WOW, 17 bids and 10 different bidders already with 3.5 days to go??!!!!

I think the #1 is only a bit over 2 months old! If you are a reader of this title and an ebay, consider hitting the "Watch" button and maybe..just maybe it will end up on the lyria exchange most watched modern books. That would be impressive.

What I am impressed by is the TEN different bidders. In other words, plenty of interest in it already with alot of time left.

Second printing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Todd-The-Ugliest-Kid-on-Earth-1-CGC-9-8-2nd-printing-/300878477166?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item460dc1376e

Print runs on issue #1 first print:

Todd The Ugliest Kid On Earth 1 $2.99 Image 7,879

Print runs on issue #2 first print:

Todd The Ugliest Kid On Earth 2 $2.99 Image 6,177

Sure, Chew is like TODD to me in that both make me laugh out loud. That said, TODD is FAR more personable (is that a word)...in other words..makes me think/feel. I like both but am on board with TODD from the very beginnings. Another plus.

Question for the more experienced collectors: I can track down print runs on the top 300 sellers each month, but how do you find the print runs for comics below that magic number? Specifically, these image 2nd prints are rarely in the top 300, and I'm sure the Todd 2nd prints will not be. Anyone know how many will be created?

Ken,

Hold steady Brother. We need you. Hickman mess the bed and has 4+ variants coming out for East Of West. Such a shame.

You gotta be poopin me? I thought we were at 2? WOW. I canceled my Forbidden Planet order for those variants just because I was frustrated with the 2nd one that was announced. Either way, still is the most anticipated (yet released) title for me.

Yep, Ken and MK did readers right. They said it and then did it. No variants. Hickman said he didnt't plan any..then...well, we are at 4 now!!!???? doh! I'm on board, but bottomed also for Hickman and Image on that decision. TODD is a standout.

I think in the next arc he should be abducted by aliens....Todd the Ugliest Kid in the Galaxy.

Dudeeeeeeeeeeeee, I was going to actually send a PM to Ken on this. No joke. I just didn't. I for one dont want to cramp Ken's writing, believe me he doesnt need any help at all in his writing skills and imagination. So I stopped myself. But yeah, TODD being abducted would be insane..I mean hilarious!!

I've said it before, TODD is like the Peter Panzerfaust character...he could be dropped into many different types of situations, places, events, new relationships. Not a superhero with certain, specific super powers we're all completely aware of roaming around NY day in and day out (not that I don't like that also). OK, it's a VERY poor comparison, but you get my drift. No pigeon-holing with the TODD character.

For the record, I love hearing people's ideas. Not that I'm going to jump on all of them, but it doesn't hurt to hear 'em. And I agree with those of you who've observed that you could drop Todd into any situation and it would work. That's one of the reasons we did the first cover (and its second printing) the way we did --- essentially we wanted it to speak volumes about the fact that anything can happen in this book. It's no mistake that on those covers we included neo-nazis, sasquatch, sci fi characters, mystics, circus folk, etc.

Ken,

Hold steady Brother. We need you. Hickman mess the bed and has 4+ variants coming out for East Of West. Such a shame.

Okay, guys. Question: Recently I've talked with several retailers and convention admins who want to do TODD variants for their stores or shows. Depending on the show or store they would print between 250 to 2500. What say you about those kinds of store/show-specific variants? Is it a good idea?

Edited by KenKristensen

That's a tough one Ken. If you look at it from your side of things I understand you need to find ways to bring attention to your book and get new readers. Having a variant at a convention could help that.

From the reader standpoint I don't think it matters as some people just care to read the story and couldn't care less about variants.

Variants are targeted at collectors. From the collectors standpoint which is the opinion you'll be getting from most people here, variants are the plague lol

Lately there have been a bunch of books that seem to have 3 or more variants per issue which can start to suck for a few reasons. For the people that HAVE to collect everything it sucks for their wallet.

Maybe a one-off variant here and there doesn't hurt. But once it starts to be every issue then it just starts to feel like people are being taken advantage of. I know people have the choice to not buy them but they are manufactured collectibles targeted at people who love to collect. It's like baiting them.

I don't like when they make con variants of previous issues. I would rather you just make a variant of the current or upcoming issue.

Here's an idea! If you do make a variant, could you make the paper-stock on the cover look/feel like a paper bag with Todd's eyes behind?

So in the end I guess you have to do what's best for yourself and your book (thumbs u

Edited by Tuff Ghost