• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

there's no "nice" way to say this, but how do we go about making sure that a ton of the TPBs get sold?

Thinking hm

I'll get 3...but know when the merchandise comes around...that will put coinage in Perker/Ken's pockets as the action figures could be a real honey hole. If I am buying 3 trades...I'll be buying 10 action figures for gifts. When sales of the action figure get started as well as the other merch.....I see a BIG light bulb going off over Ken/Perker's heads. "Monies" bulb. MOARRRRRRRR

Oh, and $50 for #1 first printing? Really? That was so like 2 days ago! Hockey Stick parabolic could be very possible near future on these issues. 5000 print on 1B? Noice. I'm in. Dreamlandcomics wants some crazy $36 already on it 1B. I'd need to get a first job to afford that.

I think readership will improve with the TPB and the new arc with #5.

I also really like the promotion that Image is doing with #5; for every 20 ordered, the retailer gets a free TPB. Hopefully retailers will pass along some discount on the TPBs to hook new readers.

Oh trolling doesn't bother me. Just curious if anyone else had a comment. I'm confused as to how people think that a 7,000 print run would have more than 1,500 remaining in 9.6+ condition after months of rollercoaster speculating and a first day sell-out (i.e. natives buying and reading). I don't think I'm very far off on that one bit.

If you've been keeping tabs on Todd since the beginning, then you'd know that there were BIG flippers on feebay with endless supplies of #1A when it originally popped to $10ish 4-5 months ago. Those auctions went away when the prices cooled...

Been following this thread since inception, prolly just shoulda stayed in the shadows - not really interested in getting flogged. From Boston, I usually do that dolling out.

:news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news:

We're getting reports that lurkers,

do in fact, actually exist...

can you confirm?

:news: :news: :news: :news: :news: :news:

lady_news_anchor_hg_clr.gif

Oh there are several of those. Nothing wrong with lurking. I know a TON of sellers that just lurk here. They never post they just read. Cant say I blame them, but it has paused some from giving information out and I cant say I dont blame them.

there's no "nice" way to say this, but how do we go about making sure that a ton of the TPBs get sold?

i know its nice that the floppies are worth "a lot", but that doesnt help Ken out at all.

Selling TPBs will

I just today asked my LCS to up the order on the TPBs because I think they will sell out easy what they ordered the first time.

So along that lines of what Jeff was talking about earlier here is what will fascinate me.

The sales of the TPB and THEN the sales of issue 5. It will sell out I think you will see a similiar problem that WD 49 had for a long time as it was the beginning of a new storyline and had picked up readers more then the print run.

I hate to use WD as example, but issue 49 sold like a monster forever because it was the jump on point for new readers after they had read the trade for 1-48. Issue 5 might be like that except on a smaller scale. Agree/Disagree?

Pristine as in unread and untouched gentlemen.

That clarification does not change my lol

+1

What does "unread and untouched" have to do with pristine? It's certainly possible that some books got damaged in packing/transit from Diamond. It's also certainly possible that a copy has been opened, handled, read, etc. and still garner a 9.8 or higher from CGC.

Conservatively, I'd say at least 1/2 of the print run are 9.8 candidates and higher, although for Todd #1, I'm not sure how prevalent the spotting on the left side of the front cover are, and whether CGC would consider that a printing defect or downgrade the book.

Get a loupe and look at the bottom left corner. All mine look like a head of cabbage. Even my slabbed 9.8

I mean this:

td0002_zps1473df87.jpg

Notice the spotting on the man's suit? I this this particular defect was pretty common with the run.

Yeah its prevelent on issue 1 I have I think 2 or 3 like that except to a smaller degree.

I agree.

I have a few friends who will be picking up the trade then jumping in on issue 5.

I know my LCS has upped their order on the trade and preorder of 5 and 6.

Been following this thread since inception, prolly just shoulda stayed in the shadows - not really interested in getting flogged. From Boston, I usually do that dolling out.

Since your from Boston does that mean you don't have to pay your dues?

Your some exception because your from Boston?

lol

Since your from Boston does that mean you don't have to pay your dues?

Your some exception because your from Boston?

lol

577609_455219037826851_1928729124_n.jpg

tom-brady-crying.jpg