• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Fraction: Helping Victims of Hurricane Sandy...

5 posts in this topic

Matt Fraction will be donating his royalties for this issue to Hurricane Sandy relief. That means the more copies that sell, the more money gets donated. "It occurred to me that if this is too successful that this could be the most painful check that I ever write... but c'mon, make it hurt!"

Today on my lunch break, I headed over to Midtown Comics Grand Central. I asked one of the very friendly and knowledgeable staff what was new and interesting... and he informed me that the new issue of Hawkeye, #7 features Clint Barton caught in a storm in NYC... ala Hurricane Sandy.

But that's not what's really makes me dig this comic (which I have yet to read)... it's the very fact that Matt Fraction is donating his royalties to Hurricane Sandy Relief.

So I bought a couple of issues... will buy some more tomorrow.

Little things like this goes a long way!

Anyway... now I'm a bigger fan of Matt Fraction!

Here's the full scope: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/27/hawkeye-7-covers-hurricane-sandy

12992.jpg

See more journals by screenwriter3d

Very cool....I am now going to purchase a few copies (with my radar vision...I am very picky) and have him sign my 2 best. If I get 2 9.8 SS from him....I am gifting you, kind sir, a Birthday present (unless you already have one)

Dear Ronnylama,

You have a reputation of being most generous... and without a doubt such a gift is something i would most welcome... but in the spirit of Matt Fraction's charitable efforts... maybe it's best to sell such a copy on auction and then pass those monies to your favorite charity.

I'm thinking of doing as such... getting 5 graded then selling them and forwarding the proceeds to either Hurricane Sandy Relief or another charity.

I know this great charity that helps the vision impaired get seeing eye dogs... it's called Freedom Guide Dogs and I've met the tremendous and inspirational guy behind it... Eric Loori. They're trying their very best to bring together people and canines in need.

I feel for anyone with disabilities... and I also have a warm spot for dogs... so this one has a special place in my heart.

Check them out at freedomguidedogs.org

SW3D