• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking dead 1 or saga RRP

49 posts in this topic

Yes I love TWD but same with saga, am I going to pay to much for it now then let it hit rock bottom. I do have a fair share of silver age stuff, no keys though just the covers I love. Spiderman is the ish but I'm not that big into him, a AF15 would be awesome to own but I'm not throwing that kind of money out on a beat up copy would rather get a 9.8 of the 2 listed above in the opening thread

The comparison is not Saga vs TWD.

It's TWD #1 vs Saga RRP

Print run is 5713 vs 500.

Saga #1 had a run of 37,000.

Just clarifying that as a few peeps seem to be getting mixed up.

Walking Dead #1 for me any day of the year.

As for reaching a peak - Walking Dead #1 blue label 9.8 (not 9.9) sold for $3500 3 weeks ago placing it in at #20 on the top modern sales on GPA.

The comparison is not Saga vs TWD.

It's TWD #1 vs Saga RRP

Print run is 5713 vs 500.

Saga #1 had a run of 37,000.

Just clarifying that as a few peeps seem to be getting mixed up.

Walking Dead #1 for me any day of the year.

As for reaching a peak - Walking Dead #1 blue label 9.8 (not 9.9) sold for $3500 3 weeks ago placing it in at #20 on the top modern sales on GPA.

also sold for $2500 yesterday and $2000 three days ago. rocket scientist who paid $3500 must've missed the BIN on ebay for $2300.

I have no clue why one went that high - but one did.

Stupid buyer or stupendous looking book - who knows.

But it has set a record and as distasteful as some may consider it on cg - its now sat there in the top 20 sales of the modern era.

Hardly a sign of a comic on its decline.

FWIW - as soon as I recieve my next batch of #1's back they will be sold asap, and I will be buying a HG SA key.

No idea.

Go to GPA and look in the top 20 highest modern sales.

Its listed at #20 - TWD #1 9.8 $3500.

If you can't find it on ebay,then I guess it went via an auction house.

Theres more than a fair chance the seller is a member of these hallowed halls.

not sure why you'd ask this here, where most members dislike moderns

+1

I once posted WD #1 to a thread in here titled "what's your personal holy grail" or something along those lines, I was chastized to the point you'd think I was kicking puppies.

Lots of old timers in here who believe if there's no superhero spandex on the main character, then it doesn't belong as a comic.

" Blue Label" , you mean Blak right..?

Anyway, Walking Dead all the way and make sure you go Black Label, very rare. I own a Walking Dead 1 CGC Black Label and its a great investment. 5 years the move will die and the book drop. Since when do CGC 9.8 # 1's drop.

Try and get a Black Label...

" Blue Label" , you mean Blak right..?

Anyway, Walking Dead all the way and make sure you go Black Label, very rare. I own a Walking Dead 1 CGC Black Label and its a great investment. 5 years the move will die and the book drop. Since when do CGC 9.8 # 1's drop.

Try and get a Black Label...

Black labels aren't rare or worth any more than the white ones. This has been disscused at length in the modern forums before and hopefully someone will chime in with the facts. Black label is not "very rare"

Hi James - Yeah - I have no idea who started this krap that Black Labels were super rare.

I believe the split is roughly 3500/4200 in favour of white.

CGC will not be differenciating - ever.

Hell If you want to pay $500 extra for a black label,buddy have I got a bridge you just HAVE to buy.

As for CGC 9.8 #1's never dropping - you should be all over Chew #1 if you believe that.

WTTB mate - I think you have wonderful potential for being hazed rottenly. (thumbs u

This shouldn't even be a question. One is a variant. It's manufactured scarcity. It's only value is placed on the people who deem it that valuable and its print run. It's also ridiculously hot right now, and only 9 issues in.

TWD is going on 10 years, has a crazy, ever expanding TV and comics fan base, it's three seasons in with at least a few more in the tank. I just can't fathom why you'd even be debating this. It took TWD 8 years to grow that much. Saga is a great book, but I just don't trust a variant on a book that isn't even up to its 10 issue (let alone 10th YEAR) to justify the cost.

To the old heads-- yes, the smart investment would be an AF15, SC 22, Flash 105, JIM 83, etc. But those are lay ups. There's some good modern books right now that may be the next "silver age keys."

Buy a comic you like and want to keep. It's not hard.

Then read it. Then put it away neatly.

And maybe in years to come it might be worth something. Or maybe the speculator boom will have bust and it may be worth nothing. But it won't matter because you will have something you like.

And so it goes.

+1