• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking dead 1 or saga RRP

49 posts in this topic

Comics NY you are so right. The best bet here would be to buy a Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 , wait until the last announced last season, hopefully a full movie created after, who knows, and sell in the last season where it will rocket in price.

And I totally disagree, even if you say with no proof at all, 3500/4200, black labels are still rarer. You can see on every auction and completed, for every 10 to 15 White Labels that come up, a black scarcely shows up. And just because you have White and know the Black is rarer , after you just stated, 3500/4200 in your mind, don't take it out on us.

So the play here is, buy a BLACK LABEL now, and wait for the last season...Roll the Dice...and you have a bridge to sell buddy, how much are you asking, I can afford anything you got.

Comics NY you are so right. The best bet here would be to buy a Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 , wait until the last announced last season, hopefully a full movie created after, who knows, and sell in the last season where it will rocket in price.

And I totally disagree, even if you say with no proof at all, 3500/4200, black labels are still rarer. You can see on every auction and completed, for every 10 to 15 White Labels that come up, a black scarcely shows up. And just because you have White and know the Black is rarer , after you just stated, 3500/4200 in your mind, don't take it out on us.

So the play here is, buy a BLACK LABEL now, and wait for the last season...Roll the Dice...and you have a bridge to sell buddy, how much are you asking, I can afford anything you got.

Straight balla here folks!! (worship)

Which knobjockey got banned and used to write that he could "Buy anyone and anything".

Can't remember now,we all know this guy is a troll but its a banned one and I can't remember who said it all the time.

This will bug me for all of 30 seconds.

TWD is at a peak right now as both the show and comic series are still running and quite popular. Given the title's fan base and longevity TWD #1 will likely always have residual value after the title and show come to an end, but I wouldn't count on it sustaining four figures for a 9.8, let alone some of the more recent prices.

Folks like to point to the limited print run of 8000 copies, but over 15% of the run has been encapsulated, with over 500 copies in 9.8 or 9.9 - or 40% of all those slabbed ( although it's probably a little less than that as some of the SS copies may be duplicated in the blue label count). To put that in perspective that's more than 10 times the number of 9.8/9.9 copies than TMNT #1 1st pressing - and TMNT were a cultural phenomenon in it's day far larger than TWD today with the added advantage of greater longevity than TWD is ever likely to achieve. Given the high survival rate of HG moderns these days, I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't at least another 500 potential 9.8 or better TWD #1 candidates in the raw out there. Frankly, there are just too many high grade copies out there to sustain the prices being asked.

As for the SAGA RRP, it's current value doesn't seem much out of line with other RRP books, and while it may not go up unless the title becomes even more popular, it probably won't drop much as long as the series is running, and might sustain for a while after.

I wouldn't buy either of them for a long term investment, but if you really want one of them NOW, you'll probably have time to dump either before taking too much of a loss in the future.

TWD is at a peak right now as both the show and comic series are still running and quite popular. Given the title's fan base and longevity TWD #1 will likely always have residual value after the title and show come to an end, but I wouldn't count on it sustaining four figures for a 9.8, let alone some of the more recent prices.

Folks like to point to the limited print run of 8000 copies, but over 15% of the run has been encapsulated, with over 500 copies in 9.8 or 9.9 - or 40% of all those slabbed ( although it's probably a little less than that as some of the SS copies may be duplicated in the blue label count). To put that in perspective that's more than 10 times the number of 9.8/9.9 copies than TMNT #1 1st pressing - and TMNT were a cultural phenomenon in it's day far larger than TWD today with the added advantage of greater longevity than TWD is ever likely to achieve. Given the high survival rate of HG moderns these days, I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't at least another 500 potential 9.8 or better TWD #1 candidates in the raw out there. Frankly, there are just too many high grade copies out there to sustain the prices being asked.

As for the SAGA RRP, it's current value doesn't seem much out of line with other RRP books, and while it may not go up unless the title becomes even more popular, it probably won't drop much as long as the series is running, and might sustain for a while after.

I wouldn't buy either of them for a long term investment, but if you really want one of them NOW, you'll probably have time to dump either before taking too much of a loss in the future.

So here is my question buy the twd now or will there be a price drop. Buy the saga Rrp for the price now and it will hold its for time to come

Walking Dead has a much larger following than Ninja Turtles at its peak. The WD gets 10 million viewers to the TV show. Ninja turtles never had that kind of popularity.