• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY Comic Book Marketplace April 13 Hotel Penn NYC!

28 posts in this topic

Mike Carbonaro, New York City's comic convention impresario, returns with another edition of his independent one-day show, the New York Comic Book Marketplace, on the 18th floor of the historic Hotel Pennsylvania!

The first confirmed guest is comic book legend George Perez. Many more guests will be announced soon.

There will also be over 100 dealer tables selling comic books, collectibles, toys, t-shirts, and related media.

Tickets are on sale now! $10 general admission, $20 early entry VIP.

http://www.nycbm.com/

To obad the day was changed. I was gonna hit MOCCAFest and this on the same day as usual but will have to rethink it now.

Post some more guests! That is the way to get attention!

I don't know the official reason for changing the date, but Mike has held events on the same day as MoCCA Fest before and I would say that it is better to not do that again.

In any event, they have added more guests. Pro Wrestler Sgt. Slaughter and Johnny Brennan of the Jerky boys have been confirmed.

Also, the $20 VIP early entry ticket price is going up soon, so order those tickets now!

http://www.nycbm.com

It has just been announced that the New york Comic Book Marketplace will be host to a free appraisal and buying event. Here is the announcement:

LIVE :APPRAISAL and AUTHENTICITY CLINIC AND BUY SHOW

APRIL 13th LIVE at NYCBM at the HOTEL PENN- 18th Floor entrance to the show

BRING your : COMICS--CARDS--SPORTS & NON SPORTS--ARTWORK--TOYS--ROCK & ROLL--HOLLYWOOD --CELEBRITY--AND COMIC CHARACTER and POPULAR CULTURE MEMORABILIA to the show

FOR a FREE APPRAISAL, EVALUATION AND CASH OFFER to purchase your ITEMS or ENTIRE COLLECTIONS

EXPERTS ON THE SPOT - NO SHOW ADMISSION NECESSARY !

IF WE PURCHASE OVER $300 OF YOUR COLLECTION WE WILL PAY $25 FOR YOUR TRAVEL EXPENSES + FREE ADMISSION TO THE SHOW

YOU MAY CALL IN ADVANCE FOR MORE INFORMATION ---201-892-1212

WE PAY MORE THAN TOP DOLLAR !!! FOR TOP SHELF MATERIAL !!

come in and get a quote AT THE NYCBM APPRAISE & BUY EVENT

CGC only does on-site grading once or twice a year. At many shows, they will have a presence where you can drop off books to be graded later. Not sure if that will be the case here. I doubt it will be.

They were at Mike's show last year but I have not seen anything announcing a presence yet at this year's show. As of now, my attendance was depending on CGC's.

Yes, it has been announced that CGC will be there.

Also, the "Appraisal clinic and buying event" is a separate, parallel event that is being held right outside the NYCBM. So you can go get your stuff appraised and bought separately, apart, and whether or not you pay admission to attend the convention itself.

Finally, here is the updated list of guests:

Comics:

George Perez

Ken Bald

Rich Buckler

Billy Tucci

Jim Salicrup

Danny Fingeroth

Larry Hama

Mark Texiera

Sean Chen

Tom Smith

Guy Dorian

Ian Dorian

Calmixx

Eric Cooper

Cory Fields

Brian Kong

Mike Lilly

Alex Maleev

Mindy Indy

Derek Muterspaw & Edwin Hernandez

Jason Quinones

Ben Templesmith

Chris Townsend

Guy Fox

Emilio Velez, Jr.

Mike Zapcic (AMC's Comic Book Men)

Ming Chen (AMC's Comic Book Men)

Robert Bruce (AMC's Comic Book Men)

Howard Rogofsky (founding father of comic book price guides)

Pro Wrestling:

Sgt. Slaughter

Rikishi

Ashley Massaro

Film, TV & media celebrities:

Johnny Brennan (Jerky Boys, Family Guy)

Paris Themmen (Mike TeeVee of WillyWonka and the Chocolate Factory)

Scott Schiaffo (Clerks)

Chris Notarille

Captain Zorikh (Sci-Fi Science, Jedi Junkies, Team USA of Battle of the Nations)

Sean Chen is doing an at home commission for me so I will be going to this to pick it up. I also do not need any excuse to go to Manhatten and get my favorite franchise sandwich, the Thai Chicken Zesto at Europa Cafe a block down 7th ave. I think I am hungry now, because I am salivating at the zesto as much as the thought of the Chen piece! Maybe I will try and get a Tex as well, or even a Perez (yeah right!).

Here's the latest press release...

Mike Carbo’s New York Comic Book Marketplace

Saturday, April 13, 2013, 10AM – 6PM

Hotel Pennsylvania, 401 Seventh Avenue, 18th Fl. New York City

www.NYCBM.com

The New York Comic Book Marketplace will be hosting a One of a Kind Reality Event on April 13, 2013! They will be filming the entire show from wall to wall for an upcoming pilot about Comic Book/ Pop Culture Conventions. So make sure to come in costume and be part of this Amazing Event! There will also be industry professionals on hand appraising your collectibles. Have you ever wanted to be on TV and find out what your collection is worth? If so come on down to our Amazing One Day Event and smile for the camera!

On Saturday April 13th, Mike Carbo’s Comic Book Marketplace Convention will be held in Midtown Manhattan at the Hotel Pennsylvania on the 18th floor which is located at 401 Seventh Ave. and 33rd St. directly across from Madison Square Garden and Penn Plaza.  

The show will host Comic Book Great George Perez (the Avengers, The New Teen Titans) and X-Men writer Chris Claremont, and include over 100 booths featuring vendors selling and buying comic books, new and vintage toys, Sci-Fi, and related popular culture.  An entire exhibition area “Artists Alley “will feature dozens of prominent comic artists and celebrity guests. It is a wonderful opportunity to meet and talk to some of your favorite artists and media celebrities including Brian O’Halloran from the hit movie Clerks. AMC’s Comic Book Men, Mike & Ming and Wrestling great Sgt. Slaughter are also scheduled to be in attendance to greet fans and sign autographs.

The highlight of the convention will be the filming for a new pilot episode of an upcoming Reality TV Show based on the Convention Experience. Cameras will be filming the ins and outs of the convention including the fan, dealers and exhibitors experiences as well as a Popular Culture Appraisal Booth. At the Pop Culture Booth there will be several expert appraisers on hand all day, to grade and evaluate your (pre 1975) comics, sports, and non-sports cards, memorabilia, cartoon character toys, comic books and artwork, rock and roll, sports, Hollywood, Sci-fi, and popular culture memorabilia. Not only is there no charge for the service, but our buyers will be on the spot to purchase your stuff.  It is a great opportunity for anyone who has wanted to know what their collection is worth and a chance to be featured on the show.

New York’s best known and most successful comic book convention promoter since the 1970’s Michael Carbonaro’s newest one day show is sure to be a Sold-Out event. Make it a weekend in New York City. Group Rates and V.I.P. early admission available. Tickets are $12 and available online at www.nycbm.com AND select locations in the Tri-State area

For dealer/ ticket and Hotel information

Michael Carbonaro ( 201) 892-1212

mikecarbo@gmail.com

Wow we have the same plan. Chen has one for me at home and I'm going to try to hit up Tex.

When I thought about it at the time I realized I had given Sean a few choices and really had no idea what he was going to do in the end. Well, we have been emailing since then and turns out he is going to take a crack at Drs Doom & Strange in Hell. They could be fighting against each other or with each other against demons or maybe even Mephisto, but it is Doc and Doom, in triumph or torment. I think I may pass on the Tex and instead have Sean Chen do another 17X5 for me if possible.