• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vampirella Special Edition Hardcover

6 posts in this topic

I'm fortunate to have collected a Vampirella Special Edition hardcover. Not sure if CGC would grade the book, but it would be nice to get an opinion from other collectors about what grade you might consider this book to be in.

I've heard these books had a number of printing and bindery issues. All pages of the book are intact. There is a minor wrinkle on the inside cover which looks to be like a bindery error, otherwise the interior is in very nice shape. The rear cover has some defects, notably what looks like a printing error and some light soiling.

My guess is the book is about a FN. Or should I consider grading this like a Big Little Book? Any thoughts?

134142.jpg.6b4da7fd53b09315b6af30639f11c078.jpg

134143.jpg.b0ba53433f2b32c7aa1c8c8ec981ec57.jpg

The biggest problem these books have is the cover splitting and the interior pages coming loose from the cover. They are very cheaply made and poor quality books.

That said, yours is well above the average copy condition wise. I can't tell if the standard problems are present without opening the cover and inspecting it from the inside.

As it sits, I'd say it's FN/VF, though the inside quality is what makes or breaks these books.

Congrats on a very pretty copy of a tough to find and highly desired horror book. (thumbs u

Thanks DiceX and rjpb! Great input.

To avoid taking pics or scans and risk damaging the book, I won't post pics but the interior is intact and in very nice shape. I went through the book once and handled it carefully, being concerned about pages coming loose.

Yeah, didn't think CGC would slab it, either. Bummer.