• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mutants 98 CGC 9.8

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I have a quick question. I usually only buy comics for my personal collection, but I happened upon a New Mutants CGC 9.8 for $250. I snatched it up, and now I'm wondering if I should sell.

The $250 is a little high for my spending, but I knew I could turn around and sell it on Ebay for over $300. My question is this: should I sell now like I had planned while it's a hot comic or do you think it will rise even more with the Deadpool movie and game coming out next year?

Thanks for any and all responses!

Hey everyone, I have a quick question. I usually only buy comics for my personal collection, but I happened upon a New Mutants CGC 9.8 for $250. I snatched it up, and now I'm wondering if I should sell.

The $250 is a little high for my spending, but I knew I could turn around and sell it on Ebay for over $300. My question is this: should I sell now like I had planned while it's a hot comic or do you think it will rise even more with the Deadpool movie and game coming out next year?

I think this belongs in the Copper section, but...

In my experience you want to wait until a little before the movie comes out - while the trailers look really cool, but there are no reviews out - that always seems the safest time to sell.

NM 98 is a good key issue, tho and a bad movie may not hurt it (like the Punisher movie never hurt ASM 129). Deadpool will always have his fans.

I think this belongs in the Copper section, but...

In my experience you want to wait until a little before the movie comes out - while the trailers look really cool, but there are no reviews out - that always seems the safest time to sell.

NM 98 is a good key issue, tho and a bad movie may not hurt it (like the Punisher movie never hurt ASM 129). Deadpool will always have his fans.

Thanks for the help! I'm still getting confused with the different time periods with comics. New Mutants came out in 1991, I think, so I thought it was Modern. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...