• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Large Batman Art Collection for sale

22 posts in this topic

I don't know, as many beauties as there are, there be some stinkers in there as well. I would say 20-30 items would not fetch $50 on ebay. I just got a decent Kelley Jones Batman page on Heritage, similar in content to those in the collection, for under $40 before the $14 vig. The Wrightson, Risso commission and pages, Finch, and many others would get multiple hundreds, so it is a real gamble. I think $11K is a reasonable value for them all, that would be almost $13K on ebay after fees. I valued it at around $4k-$5K at minimum and lowballed an offer to start. ;) But too much distance between my offer and $11K.

I think you should sell it to me for $4K. Other than that, I would make two piles, one of the wheat and one of the chaff, or at least less than great wheat. I would then list the lesser items at $9.99 starting bids with no reserve on ebay. 50 free auctions each month, I would start listing at the end of one month and list into the next month until 60 or so of the pieces are gone. Then I would take the good stuff and send it to comiclink or maybe even heritage. Or some to each. Stuff like Beatty, Medina and such would be the best of the ebay pile and Perez, Risso, Jones, Ross et al go in the auction house pile.