• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Interested??

50 posts in this topic

Maybe it's best just to sell the books and then donate whatever you are comfortable with once you can do a full accounting. If you don't really know what you need to make how do you know what you can donate?

This. Look, I am not saying or even hinting that Spider-Dan has done anything wrong or dishonest. But I do know that I and some other boar dies thought that was a 100% charity thread. It was confusing. Boardies dig deep for charity, and that was only a little bit for charity, so the deep dig feels weird.

Dan ran a very above board ASM #129 auction last year.

Everything was on the level and I had no concerns about my entry ticket going to charity.

To keep it simple Dan,maybe just offer up the FF 48, have tickets at $10 each and just clearly state what you are owed at the beginning.

Lets not have a Friday thread for a good cause eh guys?

I agree. No one wants to skewer a good guy trying to do a good thing.

I do have an issue if someone says "all profits" go to charity and "profit" is defined as anything other than dollars above actual cost.

Simply put if I paid $10 for a book that guides for $50 and I sell it for $100 saying "all profits go to charity" I have to give up $90, for $50, otherwise I am potentially misleading people under the guise of charitable giving which will REALLY set people off.

Now if the person defines, in detail, the numbers and terms ahead of time. What he paid, what he's asking, what he's giving. He can do whatever he chooses at that point given that full disclosure has been made and the person buying or bidding can make an informed choice free of potential misunderstanding.

Now if the person defines, in detail, the numbers and terms ahead of time. What he paid, what he's asking, what he's giving. He can do whatever he chooses at that point given that full disclosure has been made and the person buying or bidding can make an informed choice free of potential misunderstanding.

(thumbs u

Maybe it's best just to sell the books and then donate whatever you are comfortable with once you can do a full accounting. If you don't really know what you need to make how do you know what you can donate?

This. Look, I am not saying or even hinting that Spider-Dan has done anything wrong or dishonest. But I do know that I and some other boar dies thought that was a 100% charity thread. It was confusing. Boardies dig deep for charity, and that was only a little bit for charity, so the deep dig feels weird.

I certainly wasnt out to railroad anyone. I didnt want to bother selling the low grade books out of this collection. The condition questions would have been to overwhelming! So I thought maybe I could make a few bucks toward my yearly donation.

Thats it - No alterior motive. I can just sell them and make my own donation. I just thought this would be a fun way to raise some money, and for a few Boardies to get some nice books for pennies on the dollar.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I think Ill just forget this one. I'm still thrilled with the auction money!

Stating "profit" is different than "proceeds"

However if establishing cost has not been done then there's no way to determine profits.

I would determine cost by taking sellable books only...total number of books...then taking cost if collection and dividing by number of sellable books.

Lets say you bought 20 books for $100 but only ten are sellable and the rest are drek then exclude drek from cost and voila! $10 per book is your cost on sellable items.

So you want to donate all profit from above example on three books then you donate anything above $30.