• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comics Reporter's holiday reviews:The complete archive.

1 post in this topic

From Metafilter.

In order to make it easier on himself during the Holiday season last year, Tom Spurgeon ran a series of interviews with various comics professionals on his site: the complete archive is now available. Interviewees range from Alison Bechdel to Mark Waid and from Joe Sacco to Carol Tyler, providing as wideranging a cross section of American comics as you're likely to get anywhere.

http://www.comicsreporter.com/index.php/the_2012_cr_holiday_interview_series_links/

Mark Waid being the only one i knew instantly,i went to read part of his interview and found this out.

Kingdom Come swept the Eisners that year in all of the categories it was up for except for Best Writer. Except for Writer. Or story, or whatever that was. That was one of those moments where the film gets all of the nominations but the director gets dissed. It felt like, "Oh, well. You kind of put me in my place." [spurgeon laughs] That was the closest I'd ever come.

That's got to be something sacrilegious right there.