• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shaven Kev mystery box + charity thread is SOLD OUT

53 posts in this topic

Thats the fun part. Not even I will know until its opened by whoever gets it :ohnoez:

what the heck, box 3 for me please. it feels like breaking a wax box of cards again! :takeit:

ship to my forwarder in CA

All this talk about how this can be a negative experience is making me hyper aware and wanting to prove that it can be awesome sauce. Part of the idea is to turn a bunch of my stuff from stuff in my closet to cash in my pocket obviously (if I was out for top dollar this thread would not exist), but it was also to have fun, let people buy cool stuff in a fun way, and give back to some charities while I was at it. The board is an inspiring place and all the charitable giving and all the fun being had here in other threads inspired this one.

If I can sell through all 20 boxes this week and this shouldn't be hard to do since we are half way there I will donate another $100 to charity. This time I want it to be one chosen by those participating in the thread. I'm not sure about the best way to go about this though hm

3b8ed512377cd0dd4b66910afd1ccbbbe5baf3bc.png

Kev... I think your original donation amount was more than enough.

Don't take anymore money out of your pocket to appease the Mystery Box haters... those of us that know you... know full well that these boxes are going to be...

THE VALUE BOMB !

I dont really see it as taking money out of my pocket, but I guess it is lol

Its just extra incentive since I picked the first charities.

So far no more takers though, so maybe I celebrated too soon :D

Lets see how things go this week.

Thread ends Sunday night...one thing I did not think of is, what happens if they don't all sell?

Here's an idea...

Instead of a charity, put a random $20 bill in 5 of the boxes. :banana:

That sounds like fun.

If you decide to put a random $20 in five of the boxes you can put me down for box # 17.

:takeit:

Seriously? Someone does something for a charity, and you bust his onions and recommend sticking cash in the box?

Once all 20 boxes are sold and paid for I will be donating $200 to charity. $100 to stand up to Cancer cause CANCER and $100 to the Central Oklahoma Humane Society. I will post whatever proof I can once the donations are made. Probably a screen shot of the thank you email or receipt screen on the website.

**Edit if all 20 sell this week an additional $100 dollars will go to a charity chosen by the boardies participating in the sale.

Honestly if the majority of participants would rather do that I'm ok with it, but so far only two have spoken up. One had the idea and the other voted no.

No one nominated a 3rd charity.

Maybe its just a slow day on the boards :)

Looking at what Venom is showing as going into his boxes I'm excited for people to see what I'm doing. I hope we can get the ball rolling again.

:banana: