• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exultation and heartbreaktion

16 posts in this topic

i was at my LCS the other day, going thru a brand new collection they had bought, and i came across a lois lane 70 with the first appearance of SA catwoman, the cover was B UTIFUL, i carefully opened the bag it was in and pulled it out and the back cover was perfect, looked fresh off the comic book stand. :whee: it was heavenly.

then hell decended, i opened the book and discovered the cover was not attached to the book... :censored: i yelled in the middle of the comic shop, i totally lost my head for like 2 seconds and forgot myself, "Sorry" i said not quite as loud, thank goodness there were no kids in the shop.

Scott the owner came over, "Tiny what the bleeps wrong with you" he said in a hushed voice.

I smiled and showed him the front cover for the book, "nice" he said, then i showed him the back cover, "that ones gonna cost you" he muttered, then i laid the book on the counter, opened the cover and lifted out the inside of the book,

:censored: came out of his mouth too.

i was at my LCS the other day, going thru a brand new collection they had bought, and i came across a supergirl with the first appearance of SA catwoman, the cover was B UTIFUL, i carefully opened the bag it was in and pulled it out and the back cover was perfect, looked fresh off the comic book stand. :whee: it was heavenly.

then hell decended, i opened the book and discovered the cover was not attached to the book... :censored: i yelled in the middle of the comic shop, i totally lost my head for like 2 seconds and forgot myself, "Sorry" i said not quite as loud, thank goodness there were no kids in the shop.

Scott the owner came over, "Tiny what the bleeps wrong with you" he said in a hushed voice.

I smiled and showed him the front cover for the book, "nice" he said, then i showed him the back cover, "that ones gonna cost you" he muttered, then i laid the book on the counter, opened the cover and lifted out the inside of the book,

Do you mean Lois Lane with the first SA appearance of Catwoman?

You probably hurt the poor comic's feelings, by yelling...:(

i was at my LCS the other day, going thru a brand new collection they had bought, and i came across a supergirl with the first appearance of SA catwoman, the cover was B UTIFUL, i carefully opened the bag it was in and pulled it out and the back cover was perfect, looked fresh off the comic book stand. :whee: it was heavenly.

Do you mean Lois Lane with the first SA appearance of Catwoman?

You probably hurt the poor comic's feelings, by yelling...:(

yep it was lois lane 70, my bad :makepoint:

It's really tough buying big collections of old books. You can't usually go through 800 books (size of a collection I bought) page by page meticulously going over every comic. Gotta ballpark it and hope for the best...

Yea I bought a bunch of Silver Age Spideys from my LCS. It was a complete collection he'd bought a few days earlier. We both missed a few cut pages. My LCS went through the Avengers and discovered it. He quickly opened my books and discovered it too. He was able to replace all of them with lower grades. It was disappointing.

It looked like he cut all the upcoming covers pages or whatever it was called. It is tough when you buy entire collections to catch all of that stuff. I don't imagine he payed cost on the books, and I'd guess he made his money back easily even with the cut pages.