• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graded

7 posts in this topic

And they are getting faster

At least those that are submitted on the 'slow boat from China' tier - which I use due to amazing cheapness on my part. Hey, money spent on CGC is money not spent on more comics to read.

But my last submission was graded on business day 90, and this submission (mailed 21 days after the previous submission was mailed) was graded on business day 80. That my friends, is a 2 week improvement.

Now to continue to wait for those grades to be available and to take my rightful place as #5 on the Strange Adventures list...

Happy Hunting!

Lee K

See more journals by Lee K

I don't know my exact dates and days but a whole bunch of my modern books have been coming back around 80 days and it looks like a few more are going to be a little earlier. Even a few economy books are on that same schedule. So they have been getting quicker, or less books overall are being sent in.

Really?

I just got my Values from my August 15, 2012 submission last week and my Moderns mid January. I am STILL waiting for my Standard sig series books.

My 10/03/12s Moderns just got scheduled today, 85ish bus days. The last gap between scheduled and shipped was 4-6 weeks and I have a graded that hasn't shipped for 2+ weeks.

I wonder if they are ever going to back to the 20/40 day baselines. What plans they are making to do that? I know it is not in their financial interest (Use everyone else's money for six months or $10 extra per book = hundreds of thousands of dollars of additional revenue at no cost) to do it, but it is in their service interest.

[font:Courier New]Tier Invoice Date Status Scheduled Graded Shipped / Safe

mod 8/15/2012 Shipped/Safe 12/28/2012 1/2/2013 1/3/2013

value 8/15/2012 Shipped/Safe 12/6/2012 ~12/11 1/10/2013

mod SS 8/15/2012 Shipped/Safe 12/6/2012 12/26/2012 1/7/2013

mod SS 8/15/2012 Shipped/Safe 12/6/2012 12/27/2012 1/3/2013

std SS 8/15/2012 Graded 12/6/2012 1/25/2013 Waiting[/font]

I guess I'll just keep kicking rocks. Looked at the dates you all have and turn around times and after getting an email from a very helpful CGC customer service rep I guess I still have time on my clock until my submissions are to be graded. I was told that some tiers are in the September / October region but aside from that no change to most of mine.

On a side note I have finally collected enough to try the pregrade service. Putting in 9.8 and seeing how the dice roll but because they are all brand new moderns shouldn't be to hard. Not much here for those older tier fans as this set is all new moderns with the bulk being from:

All New X-Men

Avengers X-Sanction

Avengers vs X-Men

Uncanny X-Force

Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2

Hopefully with this set I'll get around July and be able to add in to finish out two or three sets.

I am too impatient to not do fast track. I understand it is $10.00 extra per book but I will pay that for the faster service. My Modern Fast Track just got graded and it was 10 days. Anyhow, I am looking forward to the books you submitted...Please post pics.