• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st-and-Keys on ebay?

57 posts in this topic

This is the exact same name of a seller I bought (off eBay) what was then described as an unrestored AF 15 from some 10 years ago that came back restored. Cost a bunch to grade because the seller wanted me to return it within a narrow time period, and when it came back purple label, he offered an ASM 129 as compensation. I barely broke even on the deal (mainly because of the walk-thru service cost and express shipping), and I'm not even sure if its the same person who is a boardie, but I definitely remember the person being willing to work out a resolution.

Sorry, you are confusing me with someone else. I have never sold an AF15 on ebay or anywhere else. I'm pretty sure I have an idea on who you are referring to (similar ebay handle as mine) and i'm sure others on here do too. Ive only owned one copy of AF15 in my lifetime and it is still in my possession. Please go back and thoroughly check your records. Thanks (thumbs u

Thanks for the clarification. Curious, who the other fellow on eBay is with a similar handle?

No worries. I was thinking of the infamous "Comic Keys" from back then. Not the 1st time I've been mistaken for him. Probably should have changed my handle but it suits me.

This is the exact same name of a seller I bought (off eBay) what was then described as an unrestored AF 15 from some 10 years ago that came back restored. Cost a bunch to grade because the seller wanted me to return it within a narrow time period, and when it came back purple label, he offered an ASM 129 as compensation. I barely broke even on the deal (mainly because of the walk-thru service cost and express shipping), and I'm not even sure if its the same person who is a boardie, but I definitely remember the person being willing to work out a resolution.

Sorry, you are confusing me with someone else. I have never sold an AF15 on ebay or anywhere else. I'm pretty sure I have an idea on who you are referring to (similar ebay handle as mine) and i'm sure others on here do too. Ive only owned one copy of AF15 in my lifetime and it is still in my possession. Please go back and thoroughly check your records. Thanks (thumbs u

Thanks for the clarification. Curious, who the other fellow on eBay is with a similar handle?

No worries. I was thinking of the infamous "Comic Keys" from back then. Not the 1st time I've been mistaken for him. Probably should have changed my handle but it suits me.

That's not similar at all, and you've got to give me a little more credit for knowing the difference between Comic-Keys and 1st and Keys. I'm pretty sure I've got a business card back at my other place that the seller sent along with the AF15. I'm also pretty certain the fellow was out of NY.

That's not similar at all, and you've got to give me a little more credit for knowing the difference between Comic-Keys and 1st and Keys. I'm pretty sure I've got a business card back at my other place that the seller sent along with the AF15. I'm also pretty certain the fellow was out of NY.

Well I do know that alot of the members on here are old and forgetful :foryou: just kidding. Anyhow, when you get that info, feel free to post it here if you would. Nobody likes bad press. Thanks.

Well I do know that alot of the members on here are old and forgetful :foryou: just kidding. Anyhow, when you get that info, feel free to post it here if you would. Nobody likes bad press. Thanks.

I'm definitely both those - old and forgetful. ;) But it was a pretty memorable deal and the name stuck in my mind. Anyhow, I don't particularly look at it as bad press. I stated the facts and even included the mention of the sellers willingness to work out a resolution. If I do come across the business card next time I'm in the city, I'll definitely post it here. (thumbs u

*tentatively reaches for second bag of popcorn*

Now to the real business.

Can you get Danny to stop changing focus every 12 months?

lol Yeah, anyone that knows Danny knows exactly what u mean. I've been forced to buy stuff from him and hold onto it for him in order to save him from himself. He's getting Married, hopefully he can maintain that interest ! :wishluck:

I'm definitely both those - old and forgetful.

You're not that forgetful. Lately you've been dredging up every old bad deal you can think of an cramming it where the sun don't shine. Now with the added bonus of it being crammed up someone's fundament who potentially has a similar name.

AWESOME SAUCE!

I'm definitely both those - old and forgetful.

You're not that forgetful. Lately you've been dredging up every old bad deal you can think of an cramming it where the sun don't shine. Now with the added bonus of it being crammed up someone's fundament who potentially has a similar name.

AWESOME SAUCE!

Sure, you could color the situation in this manner, but know that I took the matter earlier between Mike and I to PM and we've handled it civilly.

Here, Brian asked if anyone did a deal with a 1st and keys, and after doing a four figure deal with a seller by the exact same name, why wouldn't I mention my transaction experience?

Again, I stuck to the facts, didn't make any bold accusations, mentioned the sellers willingness to resolve the matter, and even said I'm not sure if it's the same person who is a boardie here.

I'm getting the feeling you would rather I didn't say anything?

I think if you are going to malign someone you should make sure that you know who you are talking about. Especially if it is an ancient deal.

Nice try. You skip over pretty much everything I said, and are seeking what everyone else here does - a spectacle. This place used to function half-decently when people would weigh in with their experiences, but it seems you'd sooner relegate me to the cry wolf camp.

I'll post the business card when I find it, and won't add anything else to this thread.

I think if you are going to malign someone you should make sure that you know who you are talking about. Especially if it is an ancient deal.

Nice try. You skip over pretty much everything I said, and are seeking what everyone else here does - a spectacle. This place used to function half-decently when people would weigh in with their experiences, but it seems you'd sooner relegate me to the cry wolf camp.

I'll post the business card when I find it, and won't add anything else to this thread.

10 Years ago

He is not seeking a spectacle. You just trotted out a seller as selling you a restored book as unrestored book when you aren't sure what his Ebay handle was. What happens when you do or don't find the business card? What happens if you don't ever find the business card? It's already out there.

You know how news media outlets plaster the front page with controversy and scandal and then when it is revealed that there was no controversy or scandal, the print the apology or retraction on the 42nd page? Of the food section.

He is not seeking a spectacle. You just trotted out a seller as selling you a restored book as unrestored book when you aren't sure what his Ebay handle was. What happens when you do or don't find the business card? What happens if you don't ever find the business card? It's already out there.

You know how news media outlets plaster the front page with controversy and scandal and then when it is revealed that there was no controversy or scandal, the print the apology or retraction on the 42nd page? Of the food section.

I see your point. However like I said I didn't know for certain if it's the same person as the boardie here, which is why I refrained from saying they are one and the same. Also, I think the boardie here might appreciate bringing to light anyone that shared the same alias in the past.

I'm not sure when I'd be making the trip down, and your right, with the amount of time that has passed since I was involved in the transaction, finding the card is not a guarantee. Seeing the point about timeliness in addressing the experience I shared, I did have some time to go through my backup drive. Figuring I would have saved some record of the transaction, I was able to find a saved page of the original listing, but the formatting is all off and the images are broken.

The information I have is for an eBay auction dated July 4th 2001, and the seller was only1web, who also went by the alias 1standkeys. The country field just says USA and it was a money-order transaction, but I do remember him being located in NY.

Neither of these names come up on eBay any longer. Not even the buyer alias I used to buy the book comes up on eBay. So my apologies to 1st-and-Keys for the mixup, as I was going purely by the similarity in the name.

I see your point. However like I said I didn't know for certain if it's the same person as the boardie here, which is why I refrained from saying they are one and the same. Also, I think the boardie here might appreciate bringing to light anyone that shared the same alias in the past.

I'm not sure when I'd be making the trip down, and your right, with the amount of time that has passed since I was involved in the transaction, finding the card is not a guarantee. Seeing the point about addressing the experience I shared, I did have some time to go through my backup drive. Figuring I would have saved some record of the transaction, I was able to find a saved page of the original listing, but the formatting is all off and the images are broken.

The information I have is for an eBay auction dated July 4th 2001, and the seller was only1web, who also went by the alias 1standkeys. The country field just says USA and it was a money-order transaction, but I do remember him being located in NY.

Neither of these names come up on eBay any longer. Not even the buyer alias I used to buy the book comes up on eBay. So my apologies to 1st-and-Keys for the mixup, as I was going purely by the similarity in the name.

Well that totally ruined any chance at points for this thread. Scratch subtle instigation off the list. :(

Totally kidding. I have no issues with people sharing bad transactions with good sellers but in this age of instant info, tossing out something without being sure can do some serious damage.

The information I have is for an eBay auction dated July 4th 2001, and the seller was only1web, who also went by the alias 1standkeys.

Mixing up 1st-and-keys with 1standkeys is a very understandable scenario.

I get mixed up with Bill Hughes' Vintage Collectibles all the time.

Bill Hughes. :facepalm: