• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st-and-Keys on ebay?

57 posts in this topic

I have no issues with people sharing bad transactions with good sellers but in this age of instant info, tossing out something without being sure can do some serious damage.

I get that, but again, I didn't think what I shared was negative. Countless times we've seen people coming on here, slamming a dealer or seller, and most of the times it isn't the act as much as it is the handling of the situation by the seller that does the most reputational harm. If you should take anything from my original post, it's that the seller was willing to make it right.

BTW: here is a copy/paste from the original listing:

Amazing Fantasy #15, F+, August 1962. This is the biggest book of the silver age! Amazing Fantasy #15 is the first appearance of the amazing spiderderman. Comic book will be sold to the highest bidder! As always our auction has no reserve. This book has very three tiny minescule rips on the back cover, less than 1/8th inch each. No noted restoration. No other defects noted besides some cover wear & mild clease on top right cover. Book has cream colored pages. Very slight/mild wear staining on cover. A real beauty! This book would be an excellent CGC candidate! Buyer add $12.00 shipping (international cost more) and insurance to sales price. Only Money Orders, cashiers checks and Pay Pal please. You can check out all the Spider Man movie hype at the following link: SpiderMan Movie This book is going to start heating up very soon!! Check out our other EBay auctions for some great comics! Visit us at 1standkeys.com for more golden age comics, movie memorabilia and other rarities! Good Luck to all! You can find a large scan of this comic by clicking this link: Amazing Fantasy #15 . Check out our store at 1standkeys.com for more esoteric comics!!

I have no issues with people sharing bad transactions with good sellers but in this age of instant info, tossing out something without being sure can do some serious damage.

I get that, but again, I didn't think what I shared was negative. Countless times we've seen people coming on here, slamming a dealer or seller, and most of the times it isn't the act as much as it is the handling of the situation by the seller that does the most reputational harm. If you should take anything from my original post, it's that the seller was willing to make it right.

Point taken that the seller you mentioned was willing to make it right.

Again, you aren't sure that this is the same seller. There has now been info introduced that reflects upon this seller, even if not done intentionally.

Thank you for alerting the Boards that Ebay seller only1web, who also used the website 1standkeys.com, neither of which is currently on Ebay, nor is the website up, nor does anyone have any idea who that may or may not be, but is definitely not 1st-and-Keys on Ebay, made a deal right with you 10 years ago on an AF15 with undisclosed resto.

Thank you for alerting the Boards that Ebay seller only1web, who also used the website 1standkeys.com, neither of which is currently on Ebay, nor is the website up, nor does anyone have any idea who that may or may not be, but is definitely not 1st-and-Keys on Ebay, made a deal right with you 10 years ago on an AF15 with undisclosed resto.

I am impressed with comicwiz's memory of anything he did on eBay 11 and a half years ago. I can barely remember what my own user id was on eBay that long ago.

Interesting Stuff. I know there have been several similar handles but I was not aware of anyone using such a glaringly similar name as mine. I began selling on Ebay in 2000 and have never sold from any independent websites. I am grateful for being made aware of this and I also tried to dig up something (at least an address) on google with no results. All searches just lead back to my Ebay store. Anyhow, as I stated before if you come up with any specifics such as a name or business location, just post it so that any doubts can be put to rest. I will send you my contact info for comparison. Thanks.

Right, and to be clear, I didn't doubt what you said from when you first clarified. At that point since I'd already posted about the past experience, I was only interested in providing you with information to show how and why the mix-up occurred.

Good lord. I hope you don't have any kids. Sheesh.

I hope he does. :baiting:

:D

:baiting: back atcha

:baiting: back atcha

The :baiting: was actually for Seanfingh but you can have one too.

:baiting:

lol

so the name "comic-keys" came up in this identity issue. what happened to good old comic-keys and the guaranteed unrestored books he was pushing? is he an ex-patriot? Also has me wondering about this guy who went by supapapa aka reconciler... good times, good times... :eek: