• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dia De Los Muertos

27 posts in this topic

Is anyone picking this up tomorrow? I know it is only a mini series, but the cover looks awesome. I pre-ordered it, but I might go to my LCS to flip through it. It already sold out on Midtown, so I hope I get the chance to look through it tomorrow before someone buys them all up.

I like Rossmo's art, so I'll give this mini-series a shot even though I have no clue what it's about! lol

From the website.........

Inspired by the Mexican Day of the Dead, artist extraordinaire, RILEY ROSSMO (DEBRIS, GREEN WAKE, COWBOY NINJA VIKING, REBEL BLOOD) joins forces with nine different writers over three issues to tell tall tales from beyond the grave!

This issue's writers are ALEX LINK (REBEL BLOOD), CHRISTOPHER LONG (X-Men Unlimited, Hiding In Time, Easy Way) and DIRK MANNING (NIGHTMARE WORLD, Write or Wrong). Future issues will feature stories by ED BRISSON (COMEBACK), ALEX GRECIAN (PROOF), JOE KEATINGE (HELL YEAH), JEFF MARRIOTTE (FADE TO BLACK), KURTIS WIEBE (PETER PANZERFAUST) and JOSHUA WILLIAMSON (XENOHOLICS).

In this issue: A mariachi falls in love with a woman who strongly resembles his lost love, a father is abused by a poltergeist, and a girl who's mother died when she was born visits the land of the dead in her dreams.

I finally read it, it was ok but the art was over the top, fantastic.

(Thumbs u

(Thumbs u here too. The stories were oddly a bit lightweight -- for a series concept that seems to want to be disturbing and dark. But Rossmo's art is stunning, and really sings in this format. And the format itself rocks!

I'll be back for #2.

I have two NM or better copies if anybody would like a copy to read for free. You pay shipping/packing of coarse. Lmk. (thumbs u

Hoping #2 will be a lot better.

Julio

Edit: Both gone.